Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Community Group Replication

Level 2

When we publish a new Community Group, using the Group Function of communities it typically will generate 3 permission groups - members, privileged members, and moderators.  These are supposed to be created on the publish instance.  In all of our test environments this is working correctly, but when we do it in production the groups are created on the author side, but never replicated to the publisher.  I can only find these groups that get created in the author's Security>Groups console and not in the Community>Groups console (which uses tunneling) where they belong. 

In reviewing other things, it seems like the replication agents are working ok otherwise.  I can publish the site and it works well.  I can manually replicate a node in crx and it works fine.  I can even use the Community>Groups console to manually create a group and it does it on publisher as expected. 

I feel like there is some configuration somewhere affecting the creation of these 3 permission groups or somehow the replication fails for just that piece.  I've scanned the logs on both sides and about all I can find during the time of publishing the Community Group (sub-community) is the following. Not sure if this is even related.

24.05.2018 16:12:06.320 *ERROR* [10.254.11.100 [1527192726153] GET /aempublish/mnt/overlay/social/members/content-shell3/groups/jcr:content/views/content/items/groups.social.0.40.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.social.members.impl.CommunityMemberGroupImpl Unable to get id from resource

Any ideas on what might cause this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In case anyone else runs into this issue, the problem was that when the group template was created our replication agents pointed to another publisher.  So the new publisher did not have record of this template which caused the membership group/role creation to fail when publishing a new community group

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

In case anyone else runs into this issue, the problem was that when the group template was created our replication agents pointed to another publisher.  So the new publisher did not have record of this template which caused the membership group/role creation to fail when publishing a new community group