Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Commerce Integration Framework Introduction | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Commerce Integration Framework Introduction by Adobe Docs

Abstract

Adobe’s Commerce Integration Framework (CIF) is Adobe's recommended pattern to integrate and extend commerce services from Magento and other third party commerce solutions with the Experience Cloud. This enables Adobe Customers to deliver extraordinary and personalized omnichannel shopping experience based on state-of-the-art technology.

The Commerce Integration Framework is an add-on module for AEM and provides a set of authoring tools, components, and a reference storefront to accelerate integrations between AEM and commerce solutions. CIF is supported on all AEM offerings (On-Premise, Managed Services, & Cloud Service). There are some differences in the deployment model for the different AEM offerings. This set of documentation provides details for CIF on AEM On-Premise and AEM Managed Service. For more details on CIF on Cloud Service, refer to AEM Commerce as a Cloud Service

CIF Benefits
1. The main benefits are:

2. The integration is an abstraction layer to standardize and encapsulate integrations with multiple systems.

3. CIF supports headless/omnichannel experiences:
-->Single Page applications and Multi Page Applications
-->GraphQL endpoints

4. CIF provides serverless, microservice-based process and business logic layer for customization and extension of commerce services

5. CIF provides out-of-the-box integrations with Adobe solutions such as AEM, and Magento

CIF on Adobe I/O Runtime
The CIF on Adobe I/O Runtime enables two use-cases: 1. Third party integrations via microservice layer and 2. Extensibility of microservices. This architecture is based on OpenWhisk & Adobe I/O Runtime. The main building blocks of the commerce services are serverless functions (OpenWhisk actions). These actions run on Adobe I/O Runtime inside an isolated container, stateless and serverless interacting with the commerce backend system or other endpoints via their APIs.

Read Full Blog

Commerce Integration Framework Introduction

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies