Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

com.day.cq.mailer.MailingException: Invalid mail service configuration.

Level 3

Hi guys,

I'm facing mail configuration issue in AEM 6.4.2 only in TEST(no sample content)  but not in sandbox(with sample content).

1662195_pastedImage_0.png

I have checked configurations for both which are same and bundle are also mostly same.nly diff i can see is in TEST packmgr

1662200_pastedImage_3.png

and in sandbox packmgr

1662201_pastedImage_4.png

1662207_pastedImage_16.png

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since, you have visually validated the configs from OSGi console, existence of sample packages should not cause an issue.

Here are the few items you can try:

- Verify that the port is open on server using telnet <smtp_host> <smtp_port>

- Refresh/Restart "com.day.cq.cq-mailer" bundle

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 10

Are you trying to send email from an AEM Service. If so - you should use the MessageGatewayService API. It works fine. See this example that uses this API to send email messages. There is also a video...

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 custom workflow step that u...

See if this code works for you.

Level 3

Hi Smacdonald,

I'm trying to send email from AEM service and I'm using MessageGatewayService API to send emails.

Here is my code

cemail.JPGcemail1.JPG

Please let me know do we need any dependency related to core.wcm.components.all.

Thanks,

Kiran

Level 10

It seems that you are using a custom smtp host to send emails. Check if that host is available ? Telnet on port 25 on that box itself-

telnet <hostname> 25

The error says invalid mail service configuration which means either hostname, user/pass, etc. is not configured or read properly. If possible, check line #270 of DefaultMailService.java and that's the rootcause. Compare the configurations of your sandbox vs this server.

Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

I'm using custom smtp host to send emails and which is available.

Configuration for sandbox and test are same.Below are the screenshots.

sandbox.png

test

test.jpg

Let me know if i need to do any changes.

Thanks,

Kiran

Employee

You should enable debug logs com.day.cq.mailer.impl

and observe the logs when DefaultMailService is getting activated.

It should print the configuration debug message in activation method

"MailService activated, fromAddress"

Or check logs for messages like

"Invalid mail service configuration"

"No mail service configuration present."

also check the component com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService in components web console (/system/console/components), see if you see the configuration properties for

Level 3

Hi Amit,

I have debug the logs and i can see bellow message

09.01.2019 07:10:15.575 *DEBUG* [CM Event Dispatcher (Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService)] com.day.cq.mailer.impl.DefaultMailService MailService activated, fromAddress=aem@...

and i have also checked com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService in components which is active and below are the configurations.

1663673_pastedImage_2.png

Please let me know the further.

Thanks,

Kiran

Level 10

Below is the code in DefaultMailService that is throwing exception. The configuration object is null. Check bundle/properties/environment options.

Cfg cfg = this.cfg;

if (null == cfg) {

throw new MailingException("Invalid mail service configuration.");

}

Enable debug and check what is unavailable -

if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {

log.debug("MailService activated, fromAddress={}, smtpHost={}, smtpPort={}, debugEmail={}, smtpUser={}.", new Object[] { this.cfg.fromAddress, this.cfg.smtpHost, Integer.valueOf(this.cfg.smtpPort), Boolean.valueOf(this.cfg.debugEmail), this.cfg.smtpUser == null ? "" : this.cfg.smtpUser });

}

Level 3

HI Gaurav,

I have checked bundle and log for com.day.mailer

09.01.2019 07:10:15.575 *DEBUG* [CM Event Dispatcher (Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService)] com.day.cq.mailer.impl.DefaultMailService MailService activated, fromAddress=aem@xyz.com, smtpHost=mailhub.xyz.com, smtpPort=25, debugEmail=true, smtpUser=.

Level 10

Could you try with a different smtp-host and from-address?

Are these both servers (the one which works fine and other which doesn't work) setup on same box? Is it win/linux? Can you do telnet on these boxes to check if smtp-host and the host of your from-address are available?

Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

We have access for only this host.In same box we have AEM 6.3 and 6.4 and In 6.3 it is working fine.Those are in linux machine.

I have done ping command to host  and those are available.

Please let me know further

Thanks,

Kiran

Level 10

I'm afraid that ping wouldn't help here, we need telnet to check if smtp port #25 is open or not. The host may be available on your local machine but not on the box where AEM is setup.

ping would simply check the communication line is working but it wouldn't check specific port# on that box itself.

Could you get it validated with your network team?

telnet <hostname> 25

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since, you have visually validated the configs from OSGi console, existence of sample packages should not cause an issue.

Here are the few items you can try:

- Verify that the port is open on server using telnet <smtp_host> <smtp_port>

- Refresh/Restart "com.day.cq.cq-mailer" bundle

Aanchal Sikka