Expand my Community achievements bar.

collaboration inquiry

Level 3

hello

what is the best practices on providing a user access to upload unapproved assets before review and approval process without impacting or accessing other assets in production or sharing them out to brand portals?  we do not have sigle sign on capbability yet.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@sogden Got chance to look into the contribution folder which can be shared with brand portal? 

please check out the video here if this is good for you. You can control the contributors accessing the folders. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-brand-portal/using/asset-sourcing-in-bran... 

Level 3

actually not really, i am unable to add users to the asset contribution folder for some reason.

Administrator

@sogden Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Author does not recognize the user i am trying to add to the folder upon setup after selecting contribution type folder.   

Their name does not autopopulate although this person is a brand portals user (viewer type) already.   I do see this user is not in author though....if i was to add her there what permission type do i provide to set up this asset contribution folder?

asset-contributionfolder3-new-folder-prop-notautopopulating-user.PNGasset-contributionfolder2-notautopopulating-user.PNGasset-contributionfolder1.PNG

Please advise.

Level 3

thank you for the video suggestion, this is definately something i will test out today.  just one last question...we are on 6.5.14.0  in the numbers world is this more current than 6.5.2.0?  

Community Advisor

@sogden yes. 

6.5.14.0 depicts AEM 6.5 with Service pack 14 

6.5.2.0 depicts AEM 6.5 with Service pack 2

Service pack 19 is the latest, as discussed here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/release-notes.html?lang=... 

Administrator

@sogden Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni