Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Children Editor of Custom Carousel Component Not Functioning as Expected

Level 2

Hello,

I am creating a custom component that has the superType of another custom component - Cards Carousel. The Cards Carousel component has the superType of the Core Carousel component.

In my local environment, the custom component is able to add images via the children editor, as I would expect. But when I move my implementation into our team's staging environment, I am no longer able to add anything via the children editor. Clicking the "Add" button from the authoring dialog does nothing.

In my local, this would bring up an "Insert New Component" Dialog, where I could add child elements to my custom component.

I've attempted to use the "Design" function to set allowed components on the containers where my custom component resides, to no avail.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Corrinne

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Turns out, the problem page has parentheses in the URL. I believe this is the cause of the issue.

To test this theory out, I copied the page with the parentheses and attempted to add components via the Children Editor. The same issue was occurring on this copied page. I then renamed the copied page to exclude the parentheses. The Children Editor began working once the rename process completed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Corrinne ,
"Clicking the "Add" button from the authoring dialog does nothing." that means your component policy is missing or somehow not mapped. Can you please try to set the policy again from the page edit template?
Let me know if it still does not work after the policy setup.

Level 2

Hello, and thank you for your reply -

The template that the component is on is not editable, so I cannot set the policy as you normally would with an editable template. However, I just discovered that on the same template type but a different page, the component's Children Editor is working normally.

So I believe the policy setup is correct overall. I'm realizing that something with that page is causing the Children Editor to not work correctly.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Turns out, the problem page has parentheses in the URL. I believe this is the cause of the issue.

To test this theory out, I copied the page with the parentheses and attempted to add components via the Children Editor. The same issue was occurring on this copied page. I then renamed the copied page to exclude the parentheses. The Children Editor began working once the rename process completed.