Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

CF Not getting attached For Translation

Level 2

I have a Custom Component with a path browser to the CF's . However when I send this component for Translation the content Fragment that is being referred does not attach to the project for Translation. I have defined the rules in the below in the config file but it does not seem to work. Any pointer on how this can be resolved.

<assetNode assetReferenceAttribute="component node property reference to CF " resourceType="path to custom component"/>
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
  • Go to Tools > General > Translation Configuration
  • Go to references Tab
  • Configure component's resource type and property name referencing CF

aanchalsikka_0-1701783951421.png

The CF should now be picked up for translation

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2
Hi @ammbra, Hi , This seems be working when using the OOTB component but I have a custom component which has a path browser to CF's and this fragment does not get attached. The article mentions to you the resourceType of my custom Component but I don't have one defined since this is custom component and does not inherit OOTB CF through sling:resourceType

Level 1

Hi @RG_AEM ,

Can you try by adding this translation rule in "/libs/cq/translation/translationrules/contextproperties.html?context=/content" so that it will unblock CFs for translation.

Resource Type : core/wcm/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment
Reference as : fragmentPath

As per this article there are some translation rules which can be edited..

"https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/content-fragments/content-fra...

Please check if it helps!

Regards,
Ak$hit Agarwal

Level 2

Hi , @AkAgarwal  This seems be working when using the OOTB component but I have a custom component which has a path browser to CF's and this fragment does not get attached.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
  • Go to Tools > General > Translation Configuration
  • Go to references Tab
  • Configure component's resource type and property name referencing CF

aanchalsikka_0-1701783951421.png

The CF should now be picked up for translation

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@RG_AEM Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni