Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CDN Invalidation

Level 2

I am using AEM (on premise) version 6.5.14 but I can't find the option "CDN Invalidation Template" or "CDN Invalidation" in my Tools > Assets section. 

fang_29_0-1672198671229.png

Do I need to install service pack or something? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fang_29,

The option you are looking for is connect with Dynamic Media only. This mean that your instance have to be stared with dynamicmedia_scene7 runmode. You can find details about the way how you can configure your instance w DM under :

Of course you can run instance with above runmode without having DM, and CDN Invalidation Template / CDN Invalidation will appear, but it will not bring you any benefit.

Please be aware that DM is additional service, and you will need additional contract to use it with your AEM.

Once you will have DM configured with your AEM instance you can follow steps described under below documentation page to configure CDN Invalidation for DM.

Last but not least, above option will allow you to set rules for DM CDN only. If you are using CDN for your pages it will not support that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fang_29,

The option you are looking for is connect with Dynamic Media only. This mean that your instance have to be stared with dynamicmedia_scene7 runmode. You can find details about the way how you can configure your instance w DM under :

Of course you can run instance with above runmode without having DM, and CDN Invalidation Template / CDN Invalidation will appear, but it will not bring you any benefit.

Please be aware that DM is additional service, and you will need additional contract to use it with your AEM.

Once you will have DM configured with your AEM instance you can follow steps described under below documentation page to configure CDN Invalidation for DM.

Last but not least, above option will allow you to set rules for DM CDN only. If you are using CDN for your pages it will not support that.