Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't get to Forms > Forms and Documents in AEM 6.5

Level 3

Hey! I am currently using AEM 6.5 and trying to start working on setting up a form for the first time, but seemingly can't access the url? I tried to reinstall the Forms package and didn't get any success in that. Any help would be appreciated! Not sure if I am missing a step in AEM's process of trying to create Forms or something else.

This is the tutorial URL I was trying to follow here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/getting-started/create-first-ada...

This is what I see on the page:
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 3.10.54 PM.png

And these are the error logs I am receiving when I tried to access the page:

17.08.2021 15:26:28.573 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1629228388567] GET /aem/forms.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.DefaultErrorHandler handleError: Response already committed; cannot send error 500org.eclipse.jetty.io.RuntimeIOException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Closed
17.08.2021 15:26:28.573 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1629228388567] GET /aem/forms.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingMainServlet service: Uncaught Problem handling the request
org.eclipse.jetty.io.RuntimeIOException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Closed
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ResponseWriter.isOpen(ResponseWriter.java:133) [org.apache.felix.http.jetty:4.0.8]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ResponseWriter.flush(ResponseWriter.java:146) [org.apache.felix.http.jetty:4.0.8]
	at java.base/java.io.PrintWriter.flush(PrintWriter.java:396)
	at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpServletResponseImpl$1.flush(SlingHttpServletResponseImpl.java:229) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.6.18]
	at com.day.cq.rewriter.htmlparser.SAXWriter.endDocument(SAXWriter.java:74) [com.day.cq.cq-rewriter:5.12.4]
	at com.day.cq.rewriter.processor.impl.SAXWriterFactory$1.endDocument(SAXWriterFactory.java:51) [com.day.cq.cq-rewriter:5.12.4]
	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.sax.AbstractSAXPipe.endDocument(AbstractSAXPipe.java:58) [org.apache.cocoon.cocoon-xml:2.0.2]
	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.sax.AbstractSAXPipe.endDocument(AbstractSAXPipe.java:58) [org.apache.cocoon.cocoon-xml:2.0.2]
	at .............

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SocialTaylor 

Are you installing the forms package on AEM 6.5.9.0 version? Which Version of Java are you using.

Please mention the steps to reproduce the issue here and I can give a try to see if I am able to reproduce this issue.

Ideally there should not be any issue if the forms package is installed correctly. Else I will suggest to try the same steps on a fresh instance and it should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Level 3

Hey @Asutosh_Jena_ !

Thank you for the reply! So, this may be a silly question since I'm still trying to figure out AEM  But, do you have to install one of the AEM 6.5 Forms add-on packages to get those forms to work? I have just a base version of 6.5.0 that I am working in for our client (we don't have complete access to their Adobe information, so I only have the build they sent over) and I assumed that it would be included with the base install, but as I look at the packages now, I'm not seeing any Forms Add-on Packages. I see the adobe-aemds-formsportal-pkg-8.0.50.zip, adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core-pkg-8.0.70.zip, and some other Form stuff, but none of those add-on packages specifically.

This project was set up using the maven archetype that Adobe provides for new sites as well if that helps give any insight!

Community Advisor

HI @SocialTaylor 

You are correct. There are adds that needs to be installed on AEM instance.

Here is the link to download the AEM 6.5 forms for windows.

https://experience.adobe.com/#/downloads/content/software-distribution/en/aem.html?package=/content/...

This will require the credentials to login to adobe portal. If you do not have the credentials do let me know and I can share the google drive link.

Thanks!

Level 3

Hey @Asutosh_Jena_ !

Thank you so much!! I do not have access unfortunately, but if you could provide the Mac version of that, that would be greatly appreciated!! We tried getting into their Adobe account to have access to these, but we were unable to unfortunately.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor