Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Can't access jpg files uploaded to website

Level 1

New to AEM. Uploaded some jpegs to my website and activated. I opened the jpg in AEM and copied the url. The url doesn't display the picture in the browser. I know this is simple but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for your help!

UPDATE - I figured it out. The url should be: 

https://www.sdvote.com/content/dam/rov/en/images/BDB/618.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ls109 

Please avoid using Classic UI, it was deprecated. Use Coral UI instead.

This video might give you a better idea of Coral UI https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/sharing/publish.html?lang=en

1. Please try accessing image in author first 

- Remove /damadmin# from author URL. The image should render

2. Next, publish the image. Check for the status, if replication/publishing was successful. A developer in the team can walk you through it.

3. Switch the hostname in image URL from author to publish. It should be publish instance's host/IP.

- We are avoiding domain at this point. This assures no dispatcher rewrites/filters are blocking the request.

Best would be to take help of a developer in your team, to get information about replication agents, publish IP etc. It would be easy to debug later, after understanding the entire flow once

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@ls109 You could just remove the "damadmin#" from the URL and try.

Level 1

Thanks for suggestion, I have tried that and it doesn't work.

ls109_0-1693584183698.png

Level 9

Hi @ls109 

Adding to @Manu_Mathew_  you can also check whether

you are getting 404 page while accessing the URL. Also please confirm the activation was successful and image is available on direct publisher.

Level 8

Hi @ls109 

As informed by @sherinregi try to access the prod publish url. Even, if you have access to IP based URL of prod publish environment, try to use that URL. Whether dispatcher config allows all the image extension? i mean jpeg, jpg, png ?

Level 1

Thank you for your help. I modified the url and got it to work. I updated the post.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ls109 

Please avoid using Classic UI, it was deprecated. Use Coral UI instead.

This video might give you a better idea of Coral UI https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/sharing/publish.html?lang=en

1. Please try accessing image in author first 

- Remove /damadmin# from author URL. The image should render

2. Next, publish the image. Check for the status, if replication/publishing was successful. A developer in the team can walk you through it.

3. Switch the hostname in image URL from author to publish. It should be publish instance's host/IP.

- We are avoiding domain at this point. This assures no dispatcher rewrites/filters are blocking the request.

Best would be to take help of a developer in your team, to get information about replication agents, publish IP etc. It would be easy to debug later, after understanding the entire flow once

Aanchal Sikka