Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can multiple versions of acs-aem-commons bundle present under one aem instance

Level 1

I have two bundles which are currently referencing 3.15.0 version of acs-aem-commons. Ex: bundle X & Y both refers to 3.15.0 version of acs-aem-commons.

For Y bundle, we want to upgrade to 4.2.2 version of acs-aem-commons as we will be retiring X bundle soon.

Is it possible to have both versions of acs-aem-commons bundle in my local aem instance?

I have followed steps mentioned in below given article to use 4.2.2 version of acs-aem-commons but it has affected the bundle X and acs-aem-commons imports are not getting resolved.

Using with Maven

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, this is not possible. You should refactor you code so all bundles have the same dependencies.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

In theory, you might be able to package one version's bundle file locally within your code bundle and let another global version exist in Felix but  /apps or /etc specific scripts/paths would contain only a set of files shared globally. Hence, you may not achieve desired results.

I don't think that it would work.

Level 1

I wouldn't advise this. You should only use one as you see that issues arise.

Level 1

I tried different options but it didn't work. only one version of acs-aem-commons bundle can be present under felix

Level 4

Are you looking for LIB conflicts? This is very bad practice.

Level 5

You should only use one version as it doesn't work .Tried and Tested .Not advisable .

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, this is not possible. You should refactor you code so all bundles have the same dependencies.