Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Bulk rename the tags from old names to new names.

Level 2

AditiSi_0-1689586580792.png

Hi Guys ,

I have one excel file with 1000 records like the one I have attached above where i have to bulk update the tags from old name to new name . Is there any OOTB feature or optimized way to do the same in AEM.

@kautuk_sahni  @arunpatidar  @lukasz-m  @shubhanshu_singh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @AditiSi ,

You cannot use renovator to rename the tags. But you can export the tags using acs commons Tags to CSV exporter and convert that csv into xlsx rename the tags in XLSX. meanwhile you can delete the existing tags in AEM and reimport using the ACS Commons tag creator.

Note: This will not update the references.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Hi @Nishant-Singh ,

I tried using MCP renovator for renaming the tags but it seems at this point renovator doesn't support the renaming of cq:tags.

Can you please try in your local and let me know if it works for you.

AditiSi_1-1689684112222.png

Employee

is this only Tag title name change or node name change as well ?

Community Advisor

Hello @AditiSi 

You might want to use the "Move Tag" option to achieve this. Because you also need to assure that the references are updated.

ACS commons has utilities to achieve the same.

Please explore https://blogs.perficient.com/2019/05/30/new-acs-aem-commons-contribution-tag-reports/

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/renovator/index.html 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

I tried using MCP renovator for renaming the tags but it seems at this point renovator doesn't support the renaming of cq:tags.

AditiSi_0-1689684002407.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @AditiSi ,

You cannot use renovator to rename the tags. But you can export the tags using acs commons Tags to CSV exporter and convert that csv into xlsx rename the tags in XLSX. meanwhile you can delete the existing tags in AEM and reimport using the ACS Commons tag creator.

Note: This will not update the references.