Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

build quiz creation componnt using AEM forms

Level 2
                How can i create a quiz creating form for author user so as to add questions and answers , results and create a quiz. i used ootb survey form and created two text boxes in a panel , and tried to create repetable section using follwing link: https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6/creating-forms-repeatable-sections.html i tried first two methods but they did not work. Kindly help.wheter i should use forms and how. I am working in Sapient ,Gurgaon as associate technology .   Thanks, Samiksha   
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You stated that your issue with using JQuery is an author cannot add questions.  However - you can use a multifield dialog that lets an author enter questions into the dialog and the corresponding answer. Use JS logic to read the dialog and set the quiz using the plug-in. This  way - you use JQuery and  use a dialog to let an  author set the questions. Using Adaptive form is not the best way to proceed with this requirement. A custom component using a plug-in and a good dialog is the way to proceed. 

UPDATE: As of Jan 22, 2016 - we now have a community article that addresses this use case. See: Developing a custom Adobe Experience Manager Quiz Component.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

As I said in other thread, JQUERY is best way. AEM adaptive forms are not the same as quiz functionality. You would have to overlay an adaptive form component and perform a lot of customization. I will look within Adobe to see if anyone has done something similar.

Employee

Is there any reason you have to do this using AEM forms? As Scott mentioned, there are better ways to implement this.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2
        Hi opkar , Please visit buzzfeed/post link .my requirement is exactly same as mentioned in this link of creating quiz of personality and trivia type.kindly let me know best method to match my requirement if not forms.thanks :)

Correct answer by
Level 10

You stated that your issue with using JQuery is an author cannot add questions.  However - you can use a multifield dialog that lets an author enter questions into the dialog and the corresponding answer. Use JS logic to read the dialog and set the quiz using the plug-in. This  way - you use JQuery and  use a dialog to let an  author set the questions. Using Adaptive form is not the best way to proceed with this requirement. A custom component using a plug-in and a good dialog is the way to proceed. 

UPDATE: As of Jan 22, 2016 - we now have a community article that addresses this use case. See: Developing a custom Adobe Experience Manager Quiz Component.

Level 2

@smacdonald2008 , The link in your reply doesn't seem to go where you intended. Can you redirect me to the correct place? We are looking for a custom quiz component on our AEM site.