Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

BPA giving error for core component

Level 1

Hi Everyone, The BPA is giving me LUI type error for page core component (/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/page) or even for (/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page). Also the same error is showing up for all the base page components in my project whose sling:resourceSuperType is referring to above core components.

Error:

A legacy foundation custom component was found at /apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/page. It is deprecated and should be modernized.

How can this be resolved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What are the versions of BPA and AEM? Are you evaluating the current instance to transition to AEM as a Cloud Service? 

I ask the above questions because core components in AEM as a cloud service are available in /libs. You will see the above error if you're running a BPA version that checks cloud service compatibility. If you plan to be ready for Cloud Service, then I believe you can ignore the above LUI type error in the BPA report as the core components available by default in Cloud Service under /libs and don't need to install wcm core components manually or through code deployment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What are the versions of BPA and AEM? Are you evaluating the current instance to transition to AEM as a Cloud Service? 

I ask the above questions because core components in AEM as a cloud service are available in /libs. You will see the above error if you're running a BPA version that checks cloud service compatibility. If you plan to be ready for Cloud Service, then I believe you can ignore the above LUI type error in the BPA report as the core components available by default in Cloud Service under /libs and don't need to install wcm core components manually or through code deployment.

Level 1

Thanks @Lokesh_Vajrala , I updated BPA version to a latest one (earlier was using 2.1.8) and the errors didn't show up.