Expand my Community achievements bar.

Boost your AEM author's experience | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Boost your AEM author's experience by Stories by Koen Van Eeghem on Medium

Abstract

Authoring a component in Adobe Experience Manager can quickly become a tedious job. There’s component styles, checkboxes, dropdowns, … — you’d call something complex for less. There’s however a whole bunch of simple things you can do to make your author’s life easier.
I’ve listed two of them here, that I’ve been using on almost all of my projects.

Configure your inline editors… correctly.
That AEM has some of the most advanced editing capabilities of all the content management systems out there is widely known. That their inline editors are actually really powerful too, gets overlooked all too quickly. This partially has to do with the documentation, which is cryptic on how to configure inline editors.
For example, when you configure your rich text editor as shown in the tutorials, you will get a white overlay in which you edit your text

Not only that, but it can get very buggy very quickly. However, this is really easy to solve: just add the editElementQuery property to your inplace editor. That way, AEM knows which HTML element to target, and you will be editing your property visually in your component!

Read Full Blog

Boost your AEM author's experience

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies