Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Author spamming .ser files in temp directory

Level 2

Hi there

We're having some strange behaviour on our test-environement. We usually create a copy from our productive author as a test system from time to time.

Yesterday we noticed that the author created 1.6 million durboxxxxxxxx.ser files in the temp directory. Thinking those may have come from a long uptime, we shutdown the author and cleaned up the directory. Now 1 day later there are already 150'000 new durbo files whereas our productive author only created 500 of those.

Does someone have a hint what might be causing this many files on the system?

Thanks alot!
Ahatius

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ahatius,

Durbo file in temp directory is created during replication & should cleaned up once replication is successfully on publish instance. Looking at your symptoms you have misconfigured some thing & infinite loop happening causing replication between author/publish in loop.  File a daycare to get official help to find & close that custom infinite loop.

Thanks,

Sham

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ahatius,

Durbo file in temp directory is created during replication & should cleaned up once replication is successfully on publish instance. Looking at your symptoms you have misconfigured some thing & infinite loop happening causing replication between author/publish in loop.  File a daycare to get official help to find & close that custom infinite loop.

Thanks,

Sham

Level 2

What's interesting is the fact the all replication queue's are empty. Neither the publish replication nor the reverse replication contains documents to be replicated.

Instead my log is getting spammed with the following entries:

23.11.2013 07:54:01.821 *INFO* [Reverse Replication Processor] com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicationContentFactoryProviderImpl Created new repository content at /var/replication/data/5844684e-e74f-4b15-8ecb-221b066cca43/62/62af4f5e-ca9e-405a-95a0-bbef9ce1eb04 (size=0, lastmod=2013-10-31T01:03:31.505+01:00)

It really seems to be a replication problem, I just have no idea what's causing this replication.

Level 10

Seems like you might have corrupted node at /var/replication/outbox and might needs to be cleaned

Level 2

Sham HC wrote...

Seems like you might have corrupted node at /var/replication/outbox and might needs to be cleaned

Hi Sham

I checked that node, but there is no outbox node under /var/replication. Is that possible?

Thanks
Ahatius

Level 10

Did you filled the daycare ticket?

• Rename /var/replication/data/5844684e-e74f-4b15-8ecb-221b066cca43 to /var/replication/data/old-5844684e-e74f-4b15-8ecb-221b066cca43
  • Save
  • Replications are allowed again
  • Delete recursively /var/replication/data/old-4546cbc9-90ae-4eae-8020-8450362b4974

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Here is the ZIP file that you would download from the KB article.

See the attached file.

When you download the file -- change the file type back to ZIP from TXT. 

Good luck.

Thanks alot for the attachment :)

Unfortunately it didn't seem to help (installed all 3 bundles) and restarted the server. Here's a picture of the server within the first minute after starting the service. By the time of posting this it already reached 3000 files. Last time I cleaned up the directory was a few hours ago - 50k (after I have already deleted the 150k files at the time of the opening post). I'd assume it's writing about 2-3 files every seconds.

I think it might something have to do with a replication job which replicates the user profiles of all employees (total of ~6000). Maybe there's a misconfiguration on the cronjob so it does get executed too often. I'll have it checked out and let you. So far thanks alot for the help :)

Ahatius

Level 2

Hi Scott

Thanks for the knowledge-base article. Unfortunately the KB-description doesn't match my problem :\

The files are created in the directory C:\Temp and begin with durbo. But I'll make sure to check if we're having that problem described in the KB-article, just to be sure :)

Thanks
Ahatius

Level 10

This KB talks about how to address the problem of CQ from creating .SER files:

"Install the additional bundles that contain a fix to avoid creating new null-resource-*.ser files"

Would this not fix your issue of CQ creating .ser files in the temp directory?

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

This KB talks about how to address the problem of CQ from creating .SER files:

"Install the additional bundles that contain a fix to avoid creating new null-resource-*.ser files"

Would this not fix your issue of CQ creating .ser files in the temp directory?

Hi Scott

Sorry, guess I didn't get the sentence right (English is not my native language :O).

I tried to download the ZIP File attached, unfortunately I get redirected to a "This Page is not available" message - any other way to get that zip?

Thanks again :)
Ahatius

Level 10

Here is the ZIP file that you would download from the KB article.

See the attached file.

When you download the file -- change the file type back to ZIP from TXT. 

Good luck.