Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset with webp format is not shown in publish page but is shown in authoring and preview/view as published

Level 4

Hello, what happens is that I have several custom components that I made and they work, these components accept images in webp format, you can upload them without problems and they are displayed in the component.

When you are in authoring mode you can see the image and when you click on preview/view as published in the authoring and change the mode you can also see the image.

The problem is when you publish the page so that the user can access, because for some reason it does not show the images in webp format although the component accepts them and they were shown in both authoring and preview/view as published.

Did someone know what could cause this?

Aaron_Dempwolff_0-1691432180312.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Aaron_Dempwolff 

Although you may see the images rendering in author instance, the asset processing & publishing to AEM & Dynamic Media might have failed in the background. Please confirm once by checking the logs and Image metadata. 

As per the documentation, next gen image formats WEBP and AVIF appear to be still unsupported formats. PFB.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/administer/assets-formats.html?...

Please find the below link where there is more information about the issue and few workaround options to handle webp images mentioned by @lukasz-m 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/aem-6-5-assets-supp... 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Are you using scene 7/Dynamic media to access the assets?

If the asset is not published or webp extension is blocked via dispatcher/akamai then we get broken image in published page. 

Level 4

Yes, I'm using scene 7/Dynamic media to access the assets and the asset is published

Is there a guide or tutorial of how to move in the dispatcher/akemi to find if my webp extension is blocked?

Community Advisor

If you are using scene7/Dynamic Media then the url will point to scene7 server so the extension wont be blocked in dispatcher. Can you share the response of the image url to identify what is the issue. 

Level 4

Sure, here for example is the authoring mode, I use one of my custom components called Media Tab, I add 2 assets, one is a png format and the other is the webp format (they are in the same folder and same path).

Aaron_Dempwolff_0-1691516192807.png

Now if I go to the preview/view as published mode I can see both assets on the page

Aaron_Dempwolff_1-1691516270009.png

And if I check both assets with the browser console they give me the url of both assets and I can download both assets

Aaron_Dempwolff_2-1691516346491.png

Aaron_Dempwolff_3-1691516397008.png

Aaron_Dempwolff_5-1691516516608.png
But when I publish the page, the webp asset don't display, and I check with the browser console that both assets have the same path but I have the 404 error when I open the path url of the webp asset

Aaron_Dempwolff_8-1691516926654.png

Aaron_Dempwolff_6-1691516666302.png

Aaron_Dempwolff_7-1691516838655.png

Community Advisor

can you check the path of image, could be because of url shortening or assets are not publish. 

Arun Patidar

Level 4

I check the path of the image on authoring and preview/see as published mode and I check the url path and is okey and is showing the asset, but on publish even that is the same url path like preview/view as published mode throw a 404 error (don't found the asset even if the asset is published and have the correct path).

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Aaron_Dempwolff 

Although you may see the images rendering in author instance, the asset processing & publishing to AEM & Dynamic Media might have failed in the background. Please confirm once by checking the logs and Image metadata. 

As per the documentation, next gen image formats WEBP and AVIF appear to be still unsupported formats. PFB.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/administer/assets-formats.html?...

Please find the below link where there is more information about the issue and few workaround options to handle webp images mentioned by @lukasz-m 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/aem-6-5-assets-supp... 

Yes, I check the assets and webp failed on upload, I tried with 4 assets with webp format and fails, but I read on a documentation that Adobe accepts webp format and if don't accept webp format then how is possible that I can see the assets on authoring and preview mode?:

Aaron_Dempwolff_0-1691591939332.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/file-format-...