Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Are ACS commons packages supported by Adobe?

Level 5

So we've this issue with ACL and ACS has a package to migrate ACL. Question is if we use that and something breaks, would our software warranty/support cover it? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

They are more consultant provided community code - like other community code. They are not official part of the product like AEM forms for example. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

I guess since the ACS packages are not part of the official product release hence they shouldn't covered with the warranty/support. The ACS packages are tested on different AEM versions by the ACS team for compatibility but they can still have bugs and If you encounter any issues with them then you can log them here - https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/issues

Correct answer by
Level 10

They are more consultant provided community code - like other community code. They are not official part of the product like AEM forms for example. 

Employee Advisor

My impression is, that the community is quite responsive, so any bug reports are handled quite well. And of course you still have the chance to patch and compile it on your own.

kind regards,
Jörg