Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Archetype 13 command

Level 3

I tried creating a project using archetype 13 from cmd line since the eclipse plugin was misbehaving. I used the archetype 11 command and just changed the version to 13. Project got created fine but when i deployed it to AEM, AEM bombed. Nothing opens up anymore. Everything results in empty screen. Worse still no notable exceptions in error.log.

I am sure i am doing something wrong by using 11 command for creating 13 based project. Its another point altogether that AEM should not bomb. BUt thats besides the point. Can someone who has tried this  before share the command?

Also, are there any known issues with 13? Which is the latest stable archetype?

Note: using 6.3

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Archetype 13 compatible with

• AEM 6.4 or
  • AEM 6.3 + SP2

Archetype 11 is for AEM 6.2 or newer.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

I am currently using archetype 11 to create the proj. Please let me know if someone has faced and solved the above.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Archetype 13 compatible with

• AEM 6.4 or
  • AEM 6.3 + SP2

Archetype 11 is for AEM 6.2 or newer.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thats good to know. Can you share the mvn commands for 12 and 13? Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please refer GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-project-archetype: Maven template to create a new Adobe Experienc...

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 12

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=12 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 13

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=13 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar