Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Applying metadata profiles to content fragments

Level 3

Hi,

I have created a metadata profile to which i am associating a tag. When I am applying this metadata profile to a folder in Assets, it's getting applied to all the assets that i am creating under that folder. But when I am creating any content fragment under the folder, the metadata profile is not getting applied to the content fragment.

Could anyone please let me know if we can apply metadata profiles to content fragments ? I am using AEM 6.4

Thanks,

Priya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Priya,

Please check Working with Content Fragments

Fragment Metadata

• Use the Assets metadata schemas.
  • Tags can be created when you:
    • Create and author the fragment
    • Or later:
      • By viewing/editing the fragment Properties from the console
      • By editing the Metadata when in the fragment editor

if helps.

I am not sure this what you are looking for but yes when we apply metadata profile on Assets folder, it is not applied to CF. but Assets metadata schemas applies on both.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Priya,

Please check Working with Content Fragments

Fragment Metadata

• Use the Assets metadata schemas.
  • Tags can be created when you:
    • Create and author the fragment
    • Or later:
      • By viewing/editing the fragment Properties from the console
      • By editing the Metadata when in the fragment editor

if helps.

I am not sure this what you are looking for but yes when we apply metadata profile on Assets folder, it is not applied to CF. but Assets metadata schemas applies on both.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 5

Hi Priya,

The way metadata processing profiles operate is through the ingestion of the asset via the DAM Update Asset workflow i.e. the "Metadata Processor" step in the workflow.

As there is no such execution of this workflow upon ingestion of Content Fragment, the Metadata Processing profile doesn't apply to the Content Fragments.

Thanks,

Aneet