Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Apache FOP updated to version 1.1 giving error in 5.6.1

Level 3

Hi,

I upgraded the version of CQ from 5.5 to 5.6.1. When I deployed my components, it did not worked and when I checked the bundle it gave the following error - org.apache.fop.apps,version=[0.95,1) -- Cannot be resolved.

To solve this, I updated the xmlgraphics - fop version to 1.1 and then I started getting error while building itself which was like problem in downloading the avalon framework api/imp artifacts of version 4.2.0.

If I change the version of FOP to 1.0, the build was successfull but the first error was there and now I saw in the release note of 5.6.1, its clearly mentioned that they use FOP version 1.1. What should I do to solve the avalon artifact download issue. I get this error while building if I use FOP 1.1 version. Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Found the issue. The dependency of com.day.commons.osgi.wrapper uses FOP 0.95 version of FOP and AEM 5.6.1 uses org.apache.xmlgraphics - FOP of version 1.1 . Hence there was a conflict. Now used 1.1 and removed the wrapper dependency solved the issue.

Cheers,

Ravi

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Found the issue. The dependency of com.day.commons.osgi.wrapper uses FOP 0.95 version of FOP and AEM 5.6.1 uses org.apache.xmlgraphics - FOP of version 1.1 . Hence there was a conflict. Now used 1.1 and removed the wrapper dependency solved the issue.

Cheers,

Ravi

Level 10

Thanks again for posting the way this issue was solved. Nice work!!