Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Apache FOP updated to version 1.1 giving error in 5.6.1

Level 3

Hi,

I upgraded the version of CQ from 5.5 to 5.6.1. When I deployed my components, it did not worked and when I checked the bundle it gave the following error - org.apache.fop.apps,version=[0.95,1) -- Cannot be resolved.

To solve this, I updated the xmlgraphics - fop version to 1.1 and then I started getting error while building itself which was like problem in downloading the avalon framework api/imp artifacts of version 4.2.0.

If I change the version of FOP to 1.0, the build was successfull but the first error was there and now I saw in the release note of 5.6.1, its clearly mentioned that they use FOP version 1.1. What should I do to solve the avalon artifact download issue. I get this error while building if I use FOP 1.1 version. Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Found the issue. The dependency of com.day.commons.osgi.wrapper uses FOP 0.95 version of FOP and AEM 5.6.1 uses org.apache.xmlgraphics - FOP of version 1.1 . Hence there was a conflict. Now used 1.1 and removed the wrapper dependency solved the issue.

Cheers,

Ravi

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Found the issue. The dependency of com.day.commons.osgi.wrapper uses FOP 0.95 version of FOP and AEM 5.6.1 uses org.apache.xmlgraphics - FOP of version 1.1 . Hence there was a conflict. Now used 1.1 and removed the wrapper dependency solved the issue.

Cheers,

Ravi

Level 10

Thanks again for posting the way this issue was solved. Nice work!!