Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AMS how to upgrade our AEM with the latest AEM 6.5 Service Packs?

Level 6

Hi friends, 

We have DEV, UAT, and PROD instances that is hosted by Adobe AMS. What is the preferred way to update our service pack to the latest AEM 6.5 service pack?

My plan is to scp the service pack to DEV, crx-quickstart/install folder. Watch the logs, and then restart AEM; to both our author and publisher during a low-traffic time.

Next, do the same to UAT and next PROD.

I assume that service pack upgrades are not supported for free by Adobe AMS?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard, it will be good if you will contact your CSE (Customer Success Engineer) to get all the details. From my experience PROD is always upgraded by AMS. It is according to contract agreement. We do not have admin or root access level to AEM or to the server - of course update happens on client request.

In terms of lower environments (DEV, UAT) it depends. If you have full access rights then you should be able to proceed with upgrade by yourself - and again before you will start any action you should first confirm it with your CSE.

Regarding upgrade procedure I would recommend to follow procedure described as part of SP release notes, e.g. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/release-notes.html#insta...

This depends on contract agreements. I am not aware about any additional fees related to SP installation but this could be different for each client.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMWizard, it will be good if you will contact your CSE (Customer Success Engineer) to get all the details. From my experience PROD is always upgraded by AMS. It is according to contract agreement. We do not have admin or root access level to AEM or to the server - of course update happens on client request.

In terms of lower environments (DEV, UAT) it depends. If you have full access rights then you should be able to proceed with upgrade by yourself - and again before you will start any action you should first confirm it with your CSE.

Regarding upgrade procedure I would recommend to follow procedure described as part of SP release notes, e.g. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/release-notes.html#insta...

This depends on contract agreements. I am not aware about any additional fees related to SP installation but this could be different for each client.