Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Already delete the page from the author and CRXDE but publisher still contain this page.

Level 2

Hi all, 
I am currently using AEM 6.5 version.

I already deleted the page and also made sure that the page node also deleted in CRXDE. 

However, I still can see the page content in the publisher and dispatcher as well while the author is already shown 404.
In addition, I accidentally used the admin authority account to create the page and then forced to delete it in CRXDE. 

Is it possible that I did not correctly use the Request for deletion workflow and then miss the process of Deactivation?

If so, is there any other way I could clean the cache on the dispatcher or publisher so that the dispatcher and the publisher will not show the page anymore?

Thanks for the help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In that case, you need to delete it from the publisher crx also. We have two crx for two instances. The author is in port:4502, the publisher is in port:4503. So you need to delete the page from both instance's crx.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @annieyang87957,

You need to unpublish first before deleting a page or you have to publish the whole node to reflect the behavior in the publisher. Otherwise, the publisher won't acknowledge it.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi @AsifChowdhury , 
thank you so much for the help. 

However, I could not publish the whole node because of the internal authority issue. 

Is there any other way I could force to clean the cache on the dispatcher or publisher so that the dispatcher and the publisher will not show the page anymore?

Community Advisor

I think the easiest way to achieve it you need to first unpublish the page and then delete it from the author. You don't have to clean the cache on the dispatcher or publisher. After unpublishing the page, this page will not be available in the publisher. You can delete it from the author.

Level 2

Hi @AsifChowdhury 

yes. However, I already deleted the page not only in author but also CRXDE. Thus, I could not unpublish the page since the page could not be selected on the interface anymore…

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In that case, you need to delete it from the publisher crx also. We have two crx for two instances. The author is in port:4502, the publisher is in port:4503. So you need to delete the page from both instance's crx.

Level 2

Got it!!

I will just have to delete the page in the publisher CRXDE(port:4503) and the dispatcher will also remove the page?

Community Advisor

you can create a dummy page at the same location and publish it again, so it will change the page at publisher

Then you can do request for delete or unpublish --> delete.

Arun Patidar

Level 7

Hi,

If you are using the "Request for deletion" workflow, then check if the workflow has been complted successfully. 

I did a  quick test in my local with OOTB "Request for deletion" workflow and it deleted the page successfully from publish instance. OOTB, you have to approve several steps manually to complete the workflow successfully.

Thanks,

Somen

Level 2

Hi @somen-sarkar ,

thank you so much for the help.

Actually, I did not use the Request for Deletion to delete the page. I just forced to delete the page and clean the page in CRXDE.

Therefore, the dispatcher and publisher did not know the page had already been deleted.

Level 7

So if I understand correctly :-

1) The page is deleted from author instance ,

2) In publish instance still this page is available and accessible via dispatcher. Is it corrcet ?

As a next step ,what do you like to achieve?

Level 2

Yes, it's correct. 

I would like to remove the page from the publisher and dispatcher!

And as @AsifChowdhury mentioned, I went into publisher CRXDE(port:4503), deleted and page and eventually the dispatcher also removed the page. 

Thank you so much for answering !