Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEMaaCS - AEM Responsive design Vs Adaptive design

Level 10
Hi,

Does AEMaaCS support both Responsive design or Adaptive design?

If both are supported, please suggest me how it supports each of them Out of the Box.

What are the elements, methods and classes used in each of them?

Where to handle this? HTML or OSGI or Assets (renditions creation)?

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's just all CSS... you can find pros and cons for responsive vs adaptive layout design from online. It really is determined by the UI & UX team. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

I would recommend you to have a look at the WCM Core Components (https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components), which support many (if not all) of these requirements. 

Community Advisor

When you ask about responsive vs adaptive design, I will assume that you are talking about a website's layout. 

AEMaaCS or Adobe Experience Manager as a Cloud Service is just a platform service that Adobe offers. For the AEM public website's styling for layout is determined by proprietary code of the organization; it really depends what their website designs are implemented. 

When taking a look at the Adobe core component's most of the CSS layout is 100% width, which when the component is embedded onto the page, the UI will respond or adapt to the available space the content sits in.

Level 10

Hi Brian,

If I am teaching AEM to some non-Adobe professional, and if he asks me how AEM supports both Responsive design or Adaptive design, what should be my answer?

Some of the Core components handle Responsive design and some others handle Adaptive design and there is nothing that we as developers do to achieve this requirement (except to use Core components)?

If client asks Responsive, we should select Core components that support Responsive design and if the ask is Adaptive, we should select Core components that support Adaptive design?

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's just all CSS... you can find pros and cons for responsive vs adaptive layout design from online. It really is determined by the UI & UX team.