Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEMaaCS + ACS Commons redirect manager: how does it work?

Level 9

According to this => https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/redirect-manager/index.html, Redirect manager is compatible with AEMaaCS but I'm unsure how to get the Cron+bash script (the script that downloads the redirect maps from publisher) into the dispatcher.

I am not sure if AEMaaCS lets customers run cron job.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Redirect Manager allows content authors to maintain and publish redirect configurations from AEM. Support for redirects is implemented as a servlet filter which evaluates redirect configurations and issues a 302 or 301 respectively in case of a matching incoming request url.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Redirect Manager allows content authors to maintain and publish redirect configurations from AEM. Support for redirects is implemented as a servlet filter which evaluates redirect configurations and issues a 302 or 301 respectively in case of a matching incoming request url.

Arun Patidar

Level 9

Thanks for the response.

In previous versions of ACS commons, I had to write a bash script (auto-run using cron) that downloads the redirect maps from the publisher into the server running Apache HTTPD.