Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM6.4 online tar optimization

Level 4

We are following the below documentation for online tar optimization.

But full optimization does not happen.Below is the screen shot of configuration for full tar optimization to run on Mon and Tuesday.

Please can you advise if any other configurations need to be modified for full tar optimization to run.

1856736_pastedImage_0.png

7 Replies

Employee

Which document are you referring to for online tar optimization?

Level 4

The documentation in the url is followed for online tar optimization.

Revision Cleanup

But when i configure for full tar optimization that does not happen.It completes very quickly like the Tail optimization.

Employee

What made you think that revision cleanup has not done successfully ? Have you checked logs ?

How to check if the Online Revision Cleanup has completed successfully? 

You can check if the Online Revision Cleanup has completed successfully by checking the logs. 

For example, "  TarMK GC #{}: compaction completed in {} ({} ms), after {} cycles  " means the compaction step completed successfully unless preceded by the message "  TarMK GC #{}: compaction gave up compacting concurrent commits after {} cycles  ", which means there was too much concurrent load. Correspondingly there is a message "  TarMK GC #{}: cleanup completed in {} ({} ms  " for the successful completion of the cleanup step. 

Level 4

Thanks for your reply.

The online revision clean up completes in few seconds and when checking the repo size is not reduced.But via offline the size of repo reduces.

Also the logs I am not able to find in error or server logs.Please can you specify the log file.

Level 4

Yes in the logs I am able to find the details.

But this does not reduce the segment store size.

The reason is when we did the migration form AEM6.1 to 6.4 the repo was reduced to 22 GB form 150GB.But subsequently even after regular Tar optimization the repo is growing ans is currently 47 GB

The AEM 6.4 patch 3 also has been installed.Please can you advise if there are any other process to reduce the repo size.

Employee

Online Revision Cleanup reclaims old revisions by generations. A fresh generation is generated every time revision cleanup runs. Only the content that is at least two generations old will be reclaimed, which means that on a first run there is nothing to reclaim.

Revision Cleanup

Level 4

I am following the documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/deploying/deploying/revision-cleanup.ht...

but still online tar optimization does not reduce the repo size.