Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

aem6.3 - AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request

Level 2

hey

I have aem 6.2 installed and working fine and parallel we are looking at upgrading to aem 6.3.

so i have the aem console startup process completed for 6.3 and i can see couple of exceptions entries in the error.log file as well.

as soon as it completes it's always opens up with

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

and i the log i see

22.01.2018 15:39:20.020 *ERROR* [FelixDispatchQueue] com.adobe.granite.security.installer FrameworkEvent ERROR (java.lang.NullPointerException)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.granite.security.installer.internal.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:92)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:916)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:835)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:1148)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.access$000(EventDispatcher.java:55)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher$1.run(EventDispatcher.java:103)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i was just wondering what are possible reasons for this error.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is a bug in the upgrade process - please file a support ticket as you may need a patch to address this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is a bug in the upgrade process - please file a support ticket as you may need a patch to address this.

Level 2

thanks for the quick response @smacdonald2008.

what is the process of filing a support ticket? so far I have not done one so. appreciate your direction there.

Level 10

Look at the Pinned threads above - Peter Nash has specified the steps.

Level 2

thanks again and i was able to find the instructions for filing a ticket.

it looks like my id (set up by the employer) does not have access to https://daycare.day.com/home.html  or is there a different way to get this access and then initiate the filing process.

Level 2

somehow this issue lead-down to access issue in my case.