Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

aem6.3 - AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request

Level 2

hey

I have aem 6.2 installed and working fine and parallel we are looking at upgrading to aem 6.3.

so i have the aem console startup process completed for 6.3 and i can see couple of exceptions entries in the error.log file as well.

as soon as it completes it's always opens up with

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

and i the log i see

22.01.2018 15:39:20.020 *ERROR* [FelixDispatchQueue] com.adobe.granite.security.installer FrameworkEvent ERROR (java.lang.NullPointerException)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.granite.security.installer.internal.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:92)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:916)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:835)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:1148)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.access$000(EventDispatcher.java:55)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher$1.run(EventDispatcher.java:103)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i was just wondering what are possible reasons for this error.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is a bug in the upgrade process - please file a support ticket as you may need a patch to address this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is a bug in the upgrade process - please file a support ticket as you may need a patch to address this.

Level 2

thanks for the quick response @smacdonald2008.

what is the process of filing a support ticket? so far I have not done one so. appreciate your direction there.

Level 10

Look at the Pinned threads above - Peter Nash has specified the steps.

Level 2

thanks again and i was able to find the instructions for filing a ticket.

it looks like my id (set up by the employer) does not have access to https://daycare.day.com/home.html  or is there a different way to get this access and then initiate the filing process.

Level 2

somehow this issue lead-down to access issue in my case.