Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Workflow participant step displaying all the users part of the group.

Level 1

Hi All,

We are facing a strange issue while creating workflow for multiple approval process. We have created a workflow for publishing webpages which author can send for multiple approvers like approver1, approver2 & final participant. We have configured the appropriate user group(like xxx-approvers is the group with list of participants part of this group) in the participant step. But while the authors are selecting the next step they are seeing all the users & groups associated with the group. Like the screenshot below. Is there a way where only usergroup is shown and not all particpants.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@SaidaRaoGampala I think you have to restrict the permission of the user group that you have selected in the workflow participant step. Go to the user admin and check members and user group which are part of this user group bdo-approvers and remove the unwanted users from this group or in case you don't want to change this user group then create a separate user group with only the selected members with the approver access and configure it in the participant step.

Level 1

Hi @Avinash_Gupta_ thank you for the response. However we have created ims-dev-XXX-approvers group with the required members and permission and added this group to xxx-approvers group. in useradmin. We have configured this group in the participant step of workflow. However when the author is triggering the workflow they are seeing next step with all the users/groups under this parent group xxx-approvers. If we add one group ims-dev-XXX-approvers in the participant step it works fine and shows only this group. The issue is only when the usergroup we configure has another usergroup a member of this particular group like shown in the below image.

Community Advisor

@SaidaRaoGampala That's what I meant by my previous post. You would have to create a standalone user group which would be used in the workflow participant step. If you add additional user group as part of this group, it means that group users will also contribute the workflow activites.

If you assign the step to an entire group, then when the workflow reaches this step all users & user group part of this group will have the action in their Workflow Inbox.