Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM subject principal propagation

Level 1

Currently working on an external login module with jackrabbit. 

There is a form on a customized website that is supposed to call this login module. It calls the login module but I was wondering if there was a way to propagate the principals of whatever user is logged onto AEM to the next user that logs in and if so how It would be done.

Example of what I'm trying to do: 

- User logs into AEM using admin:admin that has principal: Author 

- user tries to log onto the form on the custom website with A@mail.com:password with principal: BasicUser.

- the current user that get logged on has both the Author principal and the BasicUser principal.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

yeaaa.. you will be giving permissions of User A to User B which is not right.. Instead make User B also to be part of User A group so that all the ACLs will be given.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

That would be against the login security !! Why do you want to do this ?

Level 1

Wanted it so that login onto the customized website doesn't take away the current permissions of the subject that is currently logged onto AEM.
That way marketers don't have to change what they are currently doing. 

Just wondering but why would it be against login security? Is it because the new user shouldn't have information received from the previous users or something like that?

Correct answer by
Level 10

yeaaa.. you will be giving permissions of User A to User B which is not right.. Instead make User B also to be part of User A group so that all the ACLs will be given.