Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Sites - Change sling:resourceType of the live copy created from a blueprint

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am trying to use the same content onto a different site by creating a livecopy.

I wanted to change the sling:resourceType of the pages created using livecopy (it has different sling:resourceType due to difference in site structure and page resource type).

I have referred page for my reference - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/introduction/msm-sync.ht...

What I did?

Created a rollout config with liveSyncAction editProperties

Added the regex to change the sling:resourceType as mentioned in the document.

Please help if anyone is using it and guide me to achieve the requirement. Thanks for your time and helping me!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you're on right direction. Yes, Live copy is the option when you wanted to share the similar content across multiple sites and add appropriate rollout configurations as mentioned in the doc (Adobe doc which you're referring)to meet various project requirements.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

I have found the reason for the mentioned issue - sling:resourceType is not getting updated as it was excluded in "CQ MSM Content Update Action" config. When I removed it from the exclusion list, everything works!

Wanted to know if this is the correct way OR we can restrict it for some specific sites. Any idea/thoughts are welcome!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you're on right direction. Yes, Live copy is the option when you wanted to share the similar content across multiple sites and add appropriate rollout configurations as mentioned in the doc (Adobe doc which you're referring)to meet various project requirements.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Hi @RitendraS11 ,

By default sling, cq and jcr excluded from rollout.

You can update the CQ MSM Content Update Action configuration in ConfigMgr to include sling:resourceType.

In the below blog I have updated for jcr:title and jcr:description, you can similarly do for sling:resourceType.

https://bimmisoi.blogspot.com/2020/08/page-properties-not-getting-inherited.html

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks