Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM Signing out when editing a site

Level 2

Hello all, I am having an issue on AEM 6.2 after applying the hotfix 12875, service pack 1, and featurepack 12445. I have made sure all bundles are installed and active in system/console. When I go into the authoring mode to edit any site, I am met with the welcoming screen, that explains switching between different authoring modes. When I click don't show again, and then hit refresh, the popup shows again. Furthermore, making any edit or change to any part of the site, including component configuration and properties, results in either a "forbidden" message or a "this request could not be completed because you have been signed out". AEM seems to be functioning perfectly everywhere else, packmgr, siteadmin, crxde, etc. I only get these errors when trying to author a site. No site works, even the geometrixx sites give this error and popup. Below are screenshots of the popup and the error messages.

iosborne_0-1615230027270.pngiosborne_1-1615230067241.png

iosborne_2-1615230106868.png

Has anyone else ran into this issue after installing the service packs? Am I possibly missing some packages? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I was able to solve the sign in issue. When installing the packages I needed, I was installing the acs-commons package much too early, it needs to be installed after the hotfix and the acs-tools package. Have not installed sp1 or any feature packs as of yet, but will update if it breaks my instance again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2
Have you tried restarting the instance and deleting the browser cookies? Sometimes these fix this weird issues.

Employee Advisor

- Check if you get the same behavior when logging in as "admin"

- Check if the token configuration is set too low. IT should be 12 hours by default[1]

- If you are using a third-party login(SAML/LDAP), try using a local AEM account and see if you get the same issue.

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/experience-manager/kb/How-to-set-token-session-expiration-AEM.html

Level 2

I have tried to edit the oak configuration as linked above, and was met with an authentication error followed by a null pointer exception. I have only been logging in as admin/admin this whole time. After going through the steps to configure the oak token, I am met with the same errors as before. Also, nothing I do when signed in as admin is saved, presumably because I am not signed in as admin at that time, despite logging in as admin seconds before. Also, this may be unrelated, but in the error logs I get the following error. 

03.03.2021 14:52:26.460 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.cq.deserfw.impl.DeserializationFirewallImpl Unable to load Attach API. Unable to dynamically load deserialization protection agent. Please review the AEM Java Deserialization Firewall documentation to load the agent via java command line arguments.

iosborne_0-1615311498207.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

I was able to solve the sign in issue. When installing the packages I needed, I was installing the acs-commons package much too early, it needs to be installed after the hotfix and the acs-tools package. Have not installed sp1 or any feature packs as of yet, but will update if it breaks my instance again.