Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

AEM S3 Data Store

Level 1

I'm trying to use S3 as the customBlobStore on a fresh install of AEM (run modes author,crx3,crx3tar) with mixed results.

Setting customBlobStore to true in install/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeStoreService.cfg, then connection information/credentials in install/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.S3DataStore.cfg (as well as the appropriate files from featurepack-4137) seems to work as a lot of files are created in the S3 bucket I've pointed AEM to. The login page is only partially styled, and the background image doesn't load. After logging in, the page isn't styled at all.

There are a few repeated errors, with a small sample in the attached log file.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 1

Any idea of how that is different from https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/upgrade/data-store-config.html#Data Store Configurations ?

The idea seems to be the same, but with different feature packs.

Level 1

The featurepack referenced in that document (cq-5.6.1-featurepack-3321) doesn't seem to be available in the package share.

Level 10
Thank you for pointing that out. We will get this fixed.       

Level 1

Guys,

Does anyone have a solid path to setting S3 up with AEM6? So far all the documents are off a little and even the link in this thread talks about xml files that don't exist.

I have created an install folder and then tool the contents of the zip package and placed them there as was in the instructions. Then I renamed the cfg files to config and I get the Authentication service failed to start and nothing works. I change the node store file back to cfg and it works again, but no matter what I do, it doesn't start using S3. I have had a ticket opened with support for about 2 weeks and all I have gotten is resinstall and they sent me the same instructions over again, which I did again.

Any help?

Level 10

Use config and make sure all value are in double quotes.