Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM restrict the pathbrowser content only option

Level 5

Hi All,

Have a requirement where a workflow notification user selects task and completes it by providing path in 

custom dialog which was provided.

wf-query-1.png

Needs to Restrict other folder path selection in pathbrowser. Have used 'rootpath' property on pathbrowser to restrict it is to some extent working but using content only option mentioned in screenshot we can able to select other folder paths using it.

wf-query.png

How to resolve this use case by restricting users to select folder from certain hierarchy path only.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can try acs-commons contextbrowser field. Here are the details.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can try acs-commons contextbrowser field. Here are the details.

Community Advisor

Hi @rsl_lucky ,

I am not sure, if I have understood your question correctly, but with rootPath property, you can restrict to any level in content.

rootPath = "/content/a/b/c/d"

Can you please give an example of what exactly you are trying to achieve.

Level 5

Hi ChitraMadan,

Yes rootPath is serving the purpose to some extent but using ContentOnly option shown in screenshot is from where user can go & select any other folder path in AEM. This has to be restricted, Please let me know if you got the problem.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

OOTB you can't. It only allows one root path.

But you can write javascript validation top of that with helptext hint.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@rsl_lucky - 

You can specify the exact path of the folder in rootpath to restrict the pathfield to a specific folder .

Level 1

Hi @Nikhil-Kumar, Yes rootPath is serving the purpose to some extent but not completly. Using ContentOnly option shown in screenshot is where user can go & select any other folder path in AEM. This has to be restricted, Hope you got the issue.