Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Project Repository Structure Package details

Level 3

I  created a project for AEM cloud .

In project structure ,i found ui.apps and ui.apps.structure and ui.config.

in ui.apps(pom.xml) and ui.config(pom.xml) has following entries as common.

<repositoryStructurePackages>

<repositoryStructurePackage>

<groupId>sample</groupId>

<artifactId>sample.ui.apps.structure</artifactId>

</repositoryStructurePackage>

</repositoryStructurePackages>

ui.config

<packageType>container</packageType> -

ui.apps

<packageType>application</packageType>

As per documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

Code Packages require configuring the FileVault Maven plug-in’s configuration to reference a <repositoryStructurePackage> that enforces correctness of structural dependencies (to ensure one code package doesn’t install over another). 

This is only required for Code packages, meaning any Package marked with <packageType>application</packageType>.

As per documentation only <packageType>application</packageType> i.e ui.apps. needs to reference to repositoryStructurePackages ,y ui.config also needs.Is there any reason?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Dillibabu77 ,
You are correct. <repositoryStructurePackage> needs to be included for the code deployment. And if you notice, eventually ui.config is part of code. It does contains the configuration files but this is done for the proper segregation purpose. It does modify the nodes in /apps structure. So, you consider anything that goes to /apps as code package. Let me know if this makes sense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Dillibabu77 

The below article sheds more light into repository structure package specifically in AEM as a cloud.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Dillibabu77 ,
You are correct. <repositoryStructurePackage> needs to be included for the code deployment. And if you notice, eventually ui.config is part of code. It does contains the configuration files but this is done for the proper segregation purpose. It does modify the nodes in /apps structure. So, you consider anything that goes to /apps as code package. Let me know if this makes sense.

Community Advisor

@Dillibabu77  As described by @Anish-Sinha, ui.config is also falls under /apps hence it also under repositoryStructurePackages.