Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Permission issue on ?wcmmode=design

Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone suggest on the below issue.

I'm using ?wcmmode=design with my content URL and i can see a component group "Project ABC" in my sidekick. But i didn't select the component group(Project ABC) in the "Allowed components" of Design section. I didn't set the read permission for the component(Project ABC) in /apps and /etc/designs. Is there are any special permission for wcmmode-design? How could i find the permission for that?

Thanks,

Sankar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sankar,

Yes, Scott is right.. I think there is nothing like special permissions that you set either in /apps or /etc/designs.

If you want your component appear on your group, you only need to go to design mode and select your group i.e., Project ABC and click OK then component will appear else it won't

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

What version of AEM Are you using?

Level 10

In AEM 6.1 - if you go to Design mode and un-select the component group, then no component from the un-selected group will show up in the side kick.

There is no permissions related to what components show up in the sidekick. YOu can set that via the dialog box shown below.

Classic.png

Level 2

Is ?wcmmode=design are different from the above one. Because i didn't select my component in the "allowed components" section of Parsys. But when i use the ?wcmmode=design is showing the component in the sidekick.
http://localhost:4503/content/project/mypage.html?wcmmode=design

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sankar,

Yes, Scott is right.. I think there is nothing like special permissions that you set either in /apps or /etc/designs.

If you want your component appear on your group, you only need to go to design mode and select your group i.e., Project ABC and click OK then component will appear else it won't

~Ratna.

Level 10

Your component does not show up when you side kick is open in normal mode - ie -

http://localhost:4502/cf#/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/men.html

that is where is matters!

sidekcik1.png

Level 2

Thanks Scott. let me review the code.

Community Advisor

Just wondering if you are checking this in your local or any server? Can you confirm, if you have not allowed that group in none of the pages using the same template ?

Lets say you created Page A using template X and you allow a component in page A

Page B  is using the same template X and so will also have that component available for it, as the design mode is template specific and any component added in a page for a template will be available across all the pages of the same template ... (did I confuse )

Anyway hope this is just a small configuration mistake