Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Pattern Detector Interpretation

Level 3

Hi all

We're analyzing the output of the Pattern Detector and some of the violations seems strange.

1. Non-Backwards Compatible Changes

For instance, we getting:

The content stored at /apps/<...>/cq:dialog/content/items/section3/items/column/items/details-group/items/details by including (sling:resourceType) the JCR path at /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext might be incompatible after update and might need some adaption

We would like to learn more about the severity of this issue, like what type of change is expected? Is there a backward compatible alternative for richtext, for instance?

2. Content Area Violation

The content stored at /apps/<...> by overriding (sling:superResourceType) the JCR path at /libs/cq/workflow/components/model/process might be incompatible after update and might need some adaption

However /libs/cq/workflow/components/model/processis is explicitly marked as granite:PublicArea which is safe for that type of actions.

If anyone has answers, please share.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If the documentation does not provide actionable information how you can handle these, I would recommend you to open a support ticket and ask for advice.

Unfortunately I don't have first-hand experience with it yet, so I cannot help you in that area :-/

Jörg

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Administrator

Joerg Hoh​ Need you help here.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

what version of the pattern detector ruleset are you using? What version are you coming from?

Jörg

Level 3

Hi Joerg Hoh

We use pd-all-aem65-0.10 package and the upgrade is taking place from 6.4.3 to 6.5.0

Level 1

Hi,

1. Non-Backwards Compatible Changes

The content stored at /apps/<...>/cq:dialog/content/items/section3/items/column/items/details-group/items/detai ls by including (sling:resourceType) the JCR path at /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext might be incompatible after update and might need some adaption

kindly help me out on this issue as im getting these results for every component.

Employee Advisor

Hello,

There is a known bug in pattern detector : CQ-4269181.

The warnings like [1] seems to be the result of this bug. You can safely ignore these warnings/errors until this issue is fixed.

[1] The content stored at /apps/<...>/cq:dialog/content/items/section3/items/column/items/details-group/items/detai ls by including (sling:resourceType) the JCR path at /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext might be incompatible after update and might need some adaption

Regards,

Vishu

Level 1

Can you share the Link to the bug? not sure where to look for status

Level 2

Hi,

Can you help me on these issues what needs to be done to fix all these violations. 1 & 2. Will these harm working of the components as backward compatibility support is already there. And most of components build on coral 2, and coral 2 is still supported in 6.5

these similar ones reportedly appear in PD report for so many components in migration from 6.2 to 6.5 ,

Level 1

Can you please provide more details about this bug and an ETA for fixing it? We are working through an upgrade to 6.5 right now and have over 40 of these errors that the pattern detector is warning us about. If I'm going to ignore these errors, I really need more concrete details as to why this is safe to do, so that I can explain the decision to project stakeholders. Thank you!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If the documentation does not provide actionable information how you can handle these, I would recommend you to open a support ticket and ask for advice.

Unfortunately I don't have first-hand experience with it yet, so I cannot help you in that area :-/

Jörg

Level 7
Any updates of this issue.?iam also facing vary same issue while upgrading to 6.5

Level 3
i have tried to "copy and past" the core component "/apps/core/wcm/components/text/v2/text" and the issue is highlighted also on core component "clone":