Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM package version working

Level 4

Hi All,

I have a question regarding how the AEM package versions work. 

I am on 6.5.10 

Please help me understand the below : 

• Lets say I have a package basics-2.0.9 
  • I install package basics-2.0.10 and notice something not working fine.
  • To revert to the older version, I chose other versions from the package and install basics-2.0.9
  • After this everything works fine and also bundle shows 2.0.9  version. 

However, Please tell me if this is right or if I should have uninstalled 2.0.10 before 2.0.10 ? 

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar A

6 Replies

Level 4

There is a typo

However, Please tell me if this is right or if I should have uninstalled 2.0.10 before installing 2.0.9 ? 

Level 1

You can use packages to install new content, install new functionality, transfer content between instances, and back up repository content. Using Package Manager, you can transfer packages between your AEM instance and your local file system for development purposes.

Community Advisor

I believe latest install package/bundle always take precedence over the last install package/bundle with same name 

Level 4

@DPrakashRaj  does it matter if the version is higher or lower? or its always the last installed one despite the version number it has ?

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar

Community Advisor

The last installed one irrespective of version number

Community Advisor

If new package installation remove/overwrite the older content from the repository then no issues but if you don't need the package content then you should ideally uninstall the package and then install another package.

so uninstall 2.0.10 and then install 2.0.9 (I think if you uninstalling 2.0.10 this will install last version package automatically)

Arun Patidar