Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM not getting installed

Level 1

Hi Team,

I am trying to setup my new local AEM instance, but I haven't been successful so far. I have tried multiple times and multiple ways to do that but nothing worked for me.
Can anyone please help here.

Here are the details of the problem I'm facing:

When I try to open the AEM instance by clicking on the JAR file:

shreyashruti_0-1687411326595.png

When I try from command prompt the below window opens and prompts me for a password.
However, after entering the password, nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated

shreyashruti_1-1687411716881.png

shreyashruti_2-1687411804810.png

@Jörg_Hoh 
@SantoshSai 
@smacdonald2008 
@Nikita___Garg 
@aanchal-sikka @rawvarun 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @shreyashruti error logs seem to be okay, it's recording all necessary events and I don't see any issue there. Try hitting localhost:4502 in your web browser and see if it loads the expected login page. If tgis doesn't happen, please remove crx-quickstart folder and double click on the jar you got. Make sure you have jdk 11. Post installation, shutdown the server and increase the heap size(in start.bat file) if your system allows and then restart the server by double clicking the same file. I hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Bilal

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Make sure you have Java 11 for AEM 6.5 & AEM cloud SDK and Java 8 for lower version of AEM.

Community Advisor

Can you check in command prompt version of Java by running this command : java -version?

Also, validate storage space is more than 5GB and RAM more than 2GB.

Level 1

shreyashruti_1-1687416032810.pngshreyashruti_2-1687416229111.png

I do have enough space. Not sure what exactly the issue.

Level 4

Hi Shreyashruti,

This is normal logs when starting AEM. What do you see when you hit 

http://localhost:4502/aem/start.html ?

Thanks,

Sweta

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @shreyashruti error logs seem to be okay, it's recording all necessary events and I don't see any issue there. Try hitting localhost:4502 in your web browser and see if it loads the expected login page. If tgis doesn't happen, please remove crx-quickstart folder and double click on the jar you got. Make sure you have jdk 11. Post installation, shutdown the server and increase the heap size(in start.bat file) if your system allows and then restart the server by double clicking the same file. I hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Bilal