Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Non-licensed version 6.5.0

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am using AEM Non-licensed quickstart.jar to create an AEM project. I created project using Maven Archetype 15, it was build but when I created the components and styles its working, But after few days it starts giving problem after refresh styles are gone AEM dashboard is just loading. Is it because it is AEM Non-licensed version or anything else. I notice that my styles are not persistent.

Which archetype i should use??

Thanks

Heena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Heena91!

Regarding the licensing: AEM does not stop working or omit styling or other developments based on a missing license. I assume that you are working with a development license. If there are any concerns with regards to your license, please reach out to your Adobe representative (e. g. the person who provided the quickstart jar to you). Anyways, this should not affect your local development from a technical point of view.

Looking at the error message that you provided in one of the answer threads:

Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:npm (npm install) on project mysite.ui.frontend: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend\node\node.exe" (in directory "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

It seems that the build of your "mysite.ui.frontend" Maven module fails because it is not able execute Node (node.exe). If the frontend module (probably holding your styling) fails to build it could result in missing styles and the described behavior. So you should first work to fix your build. Once it runs without errors, the issue should most probably be gone.

• The build process claims that node.exe used is not a valid Win32 application.
    Could you please double check if there is a valid executable file at "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend\node\node.exe"?
  • Maybe check if the spaces in your folder structure are causing issues here. Have you tried moving the project to a path without whitespaces (and building it there)? However, this is more of a shot into the dark. I'm not sure if this is still a thing on modern Windows environments.

Another thing to check: is there additional information (e. g. error messages or traces) when building the frontend module?
Could you please share the Maven output when building that module?

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

If you are using AEM 6.5.8.0, then you can build a maven project using Archetype 27 which is the latest one.

Now when you say that the styles are gone when you refresh the page, is it removed automatically when you start the instance or is it after some build that was deployed to the instance.

In no case the styles will be removed automatically and the only chance is that if we deploy a build and the changes are not available as part of the code base and it was coded directly on crx/de that's the place it will be removed and the pages will break.

Please follow the link here:

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype

Thanks!

Level 4

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_

1.  I created a project using archetype 24 and got below error while building project:

Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:npm (npm install) on project mysite.ui.frontend: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend\node\node.exe" (in directory "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

2. If I made code changes in CRXD Lite and Import changes from server to eclipse, then build the project, then there should be no conflict right???

3. If I create pages directly on AEM AEM dashboard console, how to make then reflect in my Eclipse code (Import from server???)

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

Please make sure you have node and npm installed on youre machine and it is working correctly. If everything goes well you should not receive any error and should be able to build the project successfully.

Update to the below questions:

If you made code changes in CRXD Lite and Import changes from server to eclipse, then build the project, then there will not be any issue. You should be able to see the changes in CRX/DE when you build the project next time. But you need to make sure you are importing all the changes.

If you have created pages directly on AEM dashboard console, You can import the changes into AEM which contains the code changes. But pages normally should not be imported into code base and should be kept in AEM which can be moved to upper environments using the package.

Thanks!

Level 4

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_

npm and node is already installed, still getting this error:

Heena91_0-1619444119828.png

Heena91_1-1619444153222.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @Heena91 

I think you should mention that you are not hosting the website on production using the current license and the current license is used only for development or POC purpose. That is not called as non licensed product

Employee Advisor

Did someone from Adobe provide you with an unlicensed version of AEM? In my opinion, it is not legal to run AEM without a proper license in place.

Level 4

Hi @Jaideep_Brar

I have received quickstart.jar from adobe by raising an request. And, I m not using it for complete project it is just for POC/Comptency.

Thanks

Heena

Community Advisor

We cannot use the AEM instance without a license.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Heena91!

Regarding the licensing: AEM does not stop working or omit styling or other developments based on a missing license. I assume that you are working with a development license. If there are any concerns with regards to your license, please reach out to your Adobe representative (e. g. the person who provided the quickstart jar to you). Anyways, this should not affect your local development from a technical point of view.

Looking at the error message that you provided in one of the answer threads:

Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:npm (npm install) on project mysite.ui.frontend: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend\node\node.exe" (in directory "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

It seems that the build of your "mysite.ui.frontend" Maven module fails because it is not able execute Node (node.exe). If the frontend module (probably holding your styling) fails to build it could result in missing styles and the described behavior. So you should first work to fix your build. Once it runs without errors, the issue should most probably be gone.

• The build process claims that node.exe used is not a valid Win32 application.
    Could you please double check if there is a valid executable file at "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\Ranosys Demo Site\mysite\ui.frontend\node\node.exe"?
  • Maybe check if the spaces in your folder structure are causing issues here. Have you tried moving the project to a path without whitespaces (and building it there)? However, this is more of a shot into the dark. I'm not sure if this is still a thing on modern Windows environments.

Another thing to check: is there additional information (e. g. error messages or traces) when building the frontend module?
Could you please share the Maven output when building that module?

Hope that helps.

Level 4

Hi @markus_bulla_adobe

Below is the maven error m getting:

] --- frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:npm (npm install) @ aemreact.ui.frontend ---
[INFO] Running 'npm install' in C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\aemreact\ui.frontend
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary for aemreact 1.0-SNAPSHOT:
[INFO]
[INFO] aemreact ........................................... SUCCESS [ 0.515 s]
[INFO] AemReact - Core .................................... SUCCESS [ 12.796 s]
[INFO] aemreact.ui.frontend - UI Frontend ................. FAILURE [ 8.619 s]
[INFO] AemReact - Repository Structure Package ............ SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - UI apps ................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - UI content .............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - All ..................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - Integration Tests Bundles ............... SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - Integration Tests Launcher .............. SKIPPED
[INFO] AemReact - Dispatcher .............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 24.266 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-04-28T15:52:29+05:30
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:npm (npm install) on project aemreact.ui.frontend: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\aemreact\ui.frontend\node\node.exe" (in directory "C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\aemreact\ui.frontend"): CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR] mvn <args> -rf :aemreact.ui.frontend

C:\AEM 6.5\Projects\aemreact>

Employee Advisor
This is an issue with your local Maven build of the frontend module caused by node / npm. The build process has issues to execute the required binaries. Unfortunately, I'm neither a node/npm expert nor do I have a Windows machine at hand to test it. However, once you get this build issue sorted, things should work as expected. Have you checked the two points that I mentioned in my initial answer (location of node.exe that is mentioned in the error message and moving the project to another folder structure without spaces)? Also please check the frontend plugin configuration in your pom.xml file to verify the working directory and executable properties.

Community Advisor

@Heena91 - Every AEM instance needs a licence.properties file to run. Firstly you should have that licence.