Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM login problem?

Level 2

Hello i was working on some tutorials for AEM Authoring, and the site stopped working, it happened when i tried to impersonate another user since it was part of the turtorial for publishing pages workflow.

Investigating on other  q & a it seems to be some type of login or user permission problem?? Im not sure, but i don seem able to join ever after i delete the crx-quickstart folder and star from 0.

Captura de pantalla de 2023-07-03 13-52-29.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-07-03 13-52-47.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-07-03 13-53-46.png

This is the error and what the error.logs show.

Is there any way to configure myself as admin again if thats the case?

Or any other solution?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SantiagoAlba, if you are impersonating a user who does not have permission to access a page you will encounter such issue, generally, you can go directly to  http://localhost:4502/aem/start.html, and from there you can return to your "admin" session. If that does not work, you can simply clear your cookies  and you will be prompted with the login page again. 

Esteban666_0-1688405807822.png

After clearing the cookies:

Esteban666_1-1688405856773.png

I would recommend checking that the user you are trying to impersonate at least has permission as a "content-author" so you can read the main screen and revert the impersonation.

Note: If you are using the wknd tutorial, it looks like the groups there do not have any permission, so you may need to fix those groups first.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SantiagoAlba, if you are impersonating a user who does not have permission to access a page you will encounter such issue, generally, you can go directly to  http://localhost:4502/aem/start.html, and from there you can return to your "admin" session. If that does not work, you can simply clear your cookies  and you will be prompted with the login page again. 

Esteban666_0-1688405807822.png

After clearing the cookies:

Esteban666_1-1688405856773.png

I would recommend checking that the user you are trying to impersonate at least has permission as a "content-author" so you can read the main screen and revert the impersonation.

Note: If you are using the wknd tutorial, it looks like the groups there do not have any permission, so you may need to fix those groups first.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Thanks! I deleted the folder but it didn't help, as i thought it was user permission problem, and as you said, i deleted cookies and it worked again, thanks for the help

Administrator

@SantiagoAlba We hope you found the AEM community valuable. We anticipate your return as either a learner or a contributor. The community benefits from SMEs like you. Please ask your AEM peers to join and contribute. Happy AEM learning!

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hello @SantiagoAlba -

can you try creating a new folder and paste you AEM jar there & try launching the jar?

Level 2

Tried this and didn't help it was an user permission problem i had to delete cookies, thanks.