Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM local will not let me edit templates as admin

Level 2

After installing AEM on my local and setting up a project/site, when trying to edit a template/page the content tree is empty and there is no content areas on the page so am unable to edit any pages.

Have confirmed that admin has full access and all permissions are set. Cannot seem to find what could be blocking the editable function on AEM 6.5?

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from @JAWillis :

Thank you for your feedback, issue has been resolved, turns out the AEM Service Package for 6.5 was missing.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @JAWillis 

Can you please share some screeshots what error you are getting?

Is it a template or on a page?

Thanks!

Level 2

Please see screenshots below:

When is editing Templates:
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 13.38.57.png

When in Page edit mode:
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 13.40.58.png
There does not seem to be any default components coming through:

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 13.42.28.png
And admin permissions:
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 13.44.33.png

Thank you

Community Advisor

@JAWillis 

I see that the template is already active.

1. First you will need to disable the template which can be done in this path: http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/templates.html/conf/wknd - assuming wknd is the project.
  2. Next you need to Select the component group and unlock the layout container in the template so that the components from the allowed component group can be available on the resultant page.
  3. Now enable the template.
  4. Now you can go the content section and create page using the template. Assuming the template is allowed in this path to create the page. If it;s not allowed you can allow the template by setting the cq:allowedTemplate property.
  5. Once you create the page you should be able to see the layout container and the allowed components on the page.
  6. Now you should be able to author the components on the page.

For more details on templates please refer the below link:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/templates/page-tem...

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Level 2
Thank you for your feedback, I have disabled the template and afraid all I got was the same issues, problem being is that I cannot even get to the root content components of the template or the content group at all. Thank you

Community Advisor

@JAWillis Can you see if you are able to get the below section on the template when you hover on the layout container?

asutosh_j3_0-1617200233239.png

Level 2
@Asutosh_Jena_ When hovering over the template page, nothing appears, not even the "Drag component here" container. The page is completely blank in all layouts

Community Advisor

@JAWillis Did you include the below code in your page component from where your template is derived?

<sly data-sly-use.templatedContainer="com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.TemplatedContainer"
data-sly-repeat.child="${templatedContainer.structureResources}"
data-sly-resource="${child.path @ resourceType=child.resourceType, decorationTagName='div'}">
</sly>

If this code is avaialble in your page component markup and the template is created from it, it will definitely show the layout container.

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Share the error from error.log you get when trying to delete the template, Might be related to a content specific issue.

Level 2
Hi, so creating Templates and deleted them shows no errors, only issue is that you cannot add to or edit the templates.

Community Advisor

can you do view as publish for a page?  it seems there is an issue with page component.

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Thank you for your feedback, issue has been resolved, turns out the AEM Service Package for 6.5 was missing.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from @JAWillis :

Kautuk Sahni