Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM integration - DTM or SiteCatalyst? How does it work?

Level 2

Hi experts ,

I have two questions. Our client is launching new sites with AEM and we need to ensure tracking. I personally would like to use DTM integration and have Adobe Analytics configured within DTM but do not see a lot of use cases. What would you suggest? The DTM integration or the SiteCatalyst CQ5 integration?

Also do these integrations ensure ALL tracking through AEM? Does that mean hook DTM with AEM and configure all events , eVars and sprops through AEM or we have to do things outside of it too? Sorry am very new to AEM and don't exactly know how it works?

Esp for DTM - does any code (header and footer) go anywhere or it all works through the APi token/DTM bundle etc?

Please help-any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

DTM must be preferred as it gives great flexibility when you integrate with multiple items like site cat.t& t etc., Please choose DTM. There is no OOTB DTM framework in AEM. You have to manually write the data layer and export. The analytics framework in AEM is full blown. But DTM is what you should use for future integrations with many other products. The dTM consultants will help with the generic code tht needs to go in the code. But, you should also write a data layer to expose your data to dtm. Much like how we used to do for site cat in those days when we didnt have the framework.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

DTM must be preferred as it gives great flexibility when you integrate with multiple items like site cat.t& t etc., Please choose DTM. There is no OOTB DTM framework in AEM. You have to manually write the data layer and export. The analytics framework in AEM is full blown. But DTM is what you should use for future integrations with many other products. The dTM consultants will help with the generic code tht needs to go in the code. But, you should also write a data layer to expose your data to dtm. Much like how we used to do for site cat in those days when we didnt have the framework.

Level 2

Thanks a lot Kalyan! With the DTM integration once the hooks and API's are in place do we have to place additional code as well? Like you said , not having a framework is not helping for newbies like me!