Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Guides not persisting user preferences

Level 2

We have Adobe Managed Services AEM 6.5 with AEM Guides add-on 4.3.  We're noticing that user preferences are not persisted across a user's session (e.g., pick a different Folder Profiles value and save, then exit Guides and come back in to find the default Global Profile selected).  Is this the expected behavior, or should the preferences be saved for the duration of the session (or even across different logins)?  Any thoughts as to why the changes are not being saved?

fmdita profile screenshot.png

I am relatively new to AEM and Guides, so not sure what the expected behavior is and if this is a bug in our setup.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Since my initial post, I discovered that the prefs get stored to `/home/users/*/preferences.`  I also discovered that the user's session has the wrong user id, so the preferences get saved but not for the current user.  This is all due to a dispatcher reconfiguration; we failed to add a rule to prevent caching the `/libs/cq/security/userinfo.json` file.

Thanks for the link to the AEM Guides form.  Will use it for future posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @igor_seremet ,

AFAIK, user preferences are set through browser cookies, can you check if they are clearing it?

Also, I would advise posting it here for better answers as it's dedicated to AEM Guides.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/experience-manager-guides/ct-p/aem-xml-documentatio... 

Regards,

Nitesh

Correct answer by
Level 2

Since my initial post, I discovered that the prefs get stored to `/home/users/*/preferences.`  I also discovered that the user's session has the wrong user id, so the preferences get saved but not for the current user.  This is all due to a dispatcher reconfiguration; we failed to add a rule to prevent caching the `/libs/cq/security/userinfo.json` file.

Thanks for the link to the AEM Guides form.  Will use it for future posts.