Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Forms Cumulative Fix Pack 6.2 SP1-CFP9

Level 10

Hi,

Documentation says that I should install Cumulative Fix Pack 6.2 SP1-CFP9 on AEM 6.2 to access AEM Forms.

But, without that Feature Pack (On plain AEM installation), I am able to see Forms&Documents Interface.

I am also ale to deploy and demonstrate Dynamically populating drop-down lists at AEM 6.0 Forms Help | Dynamically populating drop-down lists

How is this possible?

What would the lack of the Feature Pack prevent me from doing in Forms going forward?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Cumulative Fix Pack

Adobe introduced a single-delivery model for releasing fixes. Instead of releasing hot fixes for individual issues, Adobe now releases a Cumulative Fix Pack (CFP) every month (subject to passing quality checks). A CFP is an aggregated content package for multiple fixes. CFPs primarily include bug fixes but might also include Feature Packs.

The key highlights of this Cumulative Fix Pack are:

• Adapted Analytics Classic UI configuration for secret input.
  • Fixes for independent persistence cache for Contexthub.
  • Accurate computation of Asset dimensions.
  • Optimized AEM performance when publishing assets to Brand Portal.
  • Fixes in Resourcetype value in canvas node.
  • Enabled case-sensitive and special characters search functionality for document fragment content.
  • Enhanced Adaptive Forms to attach PDF as attachments in Safari.
  • Provides a new Dynamic Media that connects to the new Dynamic Media Publishing Infrastructure for faster and more scalable replication.

Source:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Release Notes: AEM 6.2 Cumulative Fix Pack

It is always good to install latest Fix pack on the instance.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Cumulative Fix Pack

Adobe introduced a single-delivery model for releasing fixes. Instead of releasing hot fixes for individual issues, Adobe now releases a Cumulative Fix Pack (CFP) every month (subject to passing quality checks). A CFP is an aggregated content package for multiple fixes. CFPs primarily include bug fixes but might also include Feature Packs.

The key highlights of this Cumulative Fix Pack are:

• Adapted Analytics Classic UI configuration for secret input.
  • Fixes for independent persistence cache for Contexthub.
  • Accurate computation of Asset dimensions.
  • Optimized AEM performance when publishing assets to Brand Portal.
  • Fixes in Resourcetype value in canvas node.
  • Enabled case-sensitive and special characters search functionality for document fragment content.
  • Enhanced Adaptive Forms to attach PDF as attachments in Safari.
  • Provides a new Dynamic Media that connects to the new Dynamic Media Publishing Infrastructure for faster and more scalable replication.

Source:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Release Notes: AEM 6.2 Cumulative Fix Pack

It is always good to install latest Fix pack on the instance.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Kautuk,

Thanks for sharing this documentation.

My comment is that the Forms documentation does not say that Cumulative Fix Pack is not mandatory to start with AEM Forms.

In actuality, only If we want to perform any thing from the above list, we need it.

I am able to perform some of the exercises, like the one you suggested for calling an OSGI service for populating States dropdown based on country selected, without installing it.

All these days, I thought that it is a must to start off Forms.

One point to be noted here is that the Cumulative Fix Pack (AEM-6.2-SP1-CFP9-9.0) is of size 269 Mb.

If you do not see any point in my argument, I will close this post immediately.

Thanks,

Rama.