Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM File Transfers for Developers | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM File Transfers for Developers by Jim Frenette

Abstract

There are several different ways to handle file transfers between AEM and your local file system. In this post, I'm going to go over a couple command line tools to transfers files between my local file system and AEM 6.5: AEM repo tool and FileVault VLT.

AEM repo tool
Follow the instructions at Adobe-Marketing-Cloud / tools / repo to install on your system. For Linux, I used curl to install the repo bash script since it is just a single file. e.g.,

Read Full Blog

AEM File Transfers for Developers

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to use this repo command line tool introduced here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/development/set-up-a-loc...

I followed the instructions told in the video, and I've checked that:

• repo version is shown when "repo -version" command is executed
  • content of tasks.json is the same as the one shown here (repo tool github)
  • current directory is under "ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root"

Other Info:

• I'm using VSCode
  • OS is Windows
  • AEM 6.5

I got the error (below) when I tried to run "get file" task (other tasks such as "put folder" and "put file" didn't work as well):

> Executing task: repo get -f C:\Users\aria\git\com.smth.smth\ui.apps\src\main\content\jcr_root\apps\smth\components\structure\footer\footer.html <

repo: does not exist: C:Usersariagitcom.smth.smthui.appssrcmaincontentjcr_rootappsmthcomponentsstructurefooterfooter.html
The terminal process "C:\Program Files\Git\bin\bash.exe '-c', 'repo get -f C:\Users\aria\git\com.smth.smth\ui.apps\src\main\content\jcr_root\apps\smth\components\structure\footer\footer.html'" failed to launch (exit code: 4).

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

The file surely exists in my maven project, I don't know what's going on...

Can anyone help me out?