Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Content Insights and AEM sites Analytics not working

Level 6

I have followed the directions from the page from this link https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.htm l in order to connect AEM (local) to DTM and Adobe Analytics. Everything looks good and I can see the server calls and props and eVars fire correctly however,

1. how do I get the content insights to show data in the graphs?

2. How do I get the analytics to show pageviews, unique visitors and time on page in the view settings in sites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please follow the steps:

• New Cloud Service configuration  AEM Author containing credentials to connect to Adobe Analytics.
  • New Adobe Analytics Framework configuration on AEM Author which maps the content pages of the author to the related Analytics data based on content path.
  • New Page Load Rule in DTM (triggered at DOM Ready with the below described custom conditions)
    var pagePath = document.head.querySelector("[name=path]").content; _satellite.setVar("pageName", pagePath); return true;

Notes:

• The path is stored as metadata in the page headers (added at base page level)
    • The Adobe Analytics setting of the above mentioned Page Load Rule needs to be set on the following way: Page Name field = %pageName%
    • The Adobe Analytics Framework configuration needs to be assigned to the root page of the site (page properties -> cloud services -> Adobe Analytics -> select the recently created Framework configuration)

Please refer to this old post, where member had similar problem:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6

I also get the below message when trying to add the page views in the view settings within AEM sites, Do I need to add another cloud connection other than Adobe DTM and Analytics?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please follow the steps:

• New Cloud Service configuration  AEM Author containing credentials to connect to Adobe Analytics.
  • New Adobe Analytics Framework configuration on AEM Author which maps the content pages of the author to the related Analytics data based on content path.
  • New Page Load Rule in DTM (triggered at DOM Ready with the below described custom conditions)
    var pagePath = document.head.querySelector("[name=path]").content; _satellite.setVar("pageName", pagePath); return true;

Notes:

• The path is stored as metadata in the page headers (added at base page level)
    • The Adobe Analytics setting of the above mentioned Page Load Rule needs to be set on the following way: Page Name field = %pageName%
    • The Adobe Analytics Framework configuration needs to be assigned to the root page of the site (page properties -> cloud services -> Adobe Analytics -> select the recently created Framework configuration)

Please refer to this old post, where member had similar problem:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni