Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Content Fragments : When creating Content Fragments, I can't see Models

Level 7

Hi folks,

I have Content Fragments configured via the Configuration "global"

Wrench -> General -> Configuration Browser

I have some content fragment models created via the Content Fragment Models button. They are enabled.

In the URL bar, I see the location of these models is.

<IP address>/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf/global/settings/dam/cfm/models

My user group has jcr:all permissions for this location.

I have an Assets directory called "ContentFragments".

I have edited its Properties, CloudServices tab,  "Cloud Configuration" property to /conf/global

If I try creating Content Fragments in here though, I am not offered any Content Fragment models to choose.

The only place I can create a Content Fragment is directly in Assets -> Files and the only Model I'm offered is a Simple Fragment which is deprecated.

(I didn't create this model.)

Any ideas?

thanks

Fiona

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

hi folks,

This is solved now. The problem was that on the Assets folder, Policies property, I was selecting the folder with the Content Fragment models in it. However, it looks like I should have selected the actual Content Fragment model(s) that I wanted.

Thanks everyone for your help.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 3

It looks like permissions issue. Did you try to login as admin user ? 

Community Advisor

Do you have enabled the ContentFragment model?, It should be something simple I guess, please take a look at this illustrative example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzh9Gm9Lzg&ab_channel=AEMGEEKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7h-iy3g23A&ab_channel=AEMGEEKS 

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

@fionas76543059 ,

I see the same issue within my project as well. We are on AEM SP 15. Any content fragment models created under /conf/global are not available to choose when creating CFs. At the same, we have our project specific folder created using Configuration Browser and CF Model created in that folder are available for creating CFs in the DAM Assets content-fragments folder.

I am using admin user on Author and I don't understand why CF model created under /conf/global folder are not available in the DAM to create Content Fragments.

Level 7

Thanks Brian, but actually that is already there for /conf/global 

Level 7

Thanks, maybe it i something to do with /conf/global. I will set up a new Configuration with a different path

Community Advisor

Simple fix would be, updating properties of your DAM asset's folder, set the path for 

Level 7

Thanks Brian, Yeah, my problem was that I was setting up the policy permissions in the Asset folders by pointing to the Folder of the models, not the models themselves. All good now.

Level 7

GET /mnt/overlay/dam/cfm/admin/content/v2/createfragment/template.html/content/dam/contentfragments/mobile-content-fragments HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource MergedResource [path=/mnt/overlay/dam/cfm/admin/content/v2/createfragment/template/field/emptyitem, resources=[/libs/dam/cfm/admin/content/v2/createfragment/template/field/emptyitem]]

Sady, none of the advice I got so far has worked. But I noticed this in the logs.

?

I don't understand it but maybe it is a clue.

Administrator

@fionas76543059 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 7

Not so far. I opened a help ticket. There are error messages in the logs so there must be some problem. I'll update when I have something to report

Community Advisor

The platform doesn't allow to create CFM under /conf/global from UI.

The Create button isn't available until you select a Tenant folder. If created under tenant specific folder, we should be able to configure "Allowed content fragment models by Path" under Policies Tab of Asset folders.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Hi Aanchal, I have created a few different Configurations allowing Content Fragments. I also created different Content Fragment models for the configurations.

But anytime I  try to create content fragments in folders that do point to the correct Configuration folder it makes no difference. I still don't see any content fragment models.

Correct answer by
Level 7

hi folks,

This is solved now. The problem was that on the Assets folder, Policies property, I was selecting the folder with the Content Fragment models in it. However, it looks like I should have selected the actual Content Fragment model(s) that I wanted.

Thanks everyone for your help.