Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM COMMUNITIES GROUP CONSOLE

Level 1

Hi guys, I am trying to create a privilege group in communities.

Issue:

Throws an error stating tunnel service Error: Tunnel Does not appear to on - on publish in configuration enabled the tunnel service now I dont see any error message bu if I try to create group it gives blank scree. 

on click of create it gives blank scrren

Appreciate your help. Thanks suneel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Suneel,

The tunnel service lets you manage users and groups on your publish instance (i.e. frontend) from the author instance. It has to be enabled (and its configuration changed as needed) for this to function.

See Managing AEM Communities Users and Groups for instructions on how to enable the tunnel service from the OSGi web console.

Also, I am not sure where you are in setting things up for AEM Communities, but you may want to take a look here if you haven't seen it already: AEM Communities initial setup
At least for creating a permission group from author, you'll need to have both publish and author instances running, have replication working between the two, and enable the tunnel service.

- Carey

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Suneel,

The tunnel service lets you manage users and groups on your publish instance (i.e. frontend) from the author instance. It has to be enabled (and its configuration changed as needed) for this to function.

See Managing AEM Communities Users and Groups for instructions on how to enable the tunnel service from the OSGi web console.

Also, I am not sure where you are in setting things up for AEM Communities, but you may want to take a look here if you haven't seen it already: AEM Communities initial setup
At least for creating a permission group from author, you'll need to have both publish and author instances running, have replication working between the two, and enable the tunnel service.

- Carey

Level 9

BTW - in case you're seeing it, but not seeing it ... ;-)

You enable the tunnel service on the author instance, not publish.

- JK

Level 1

tunnel service is enabled on both author and publish.

Level 1

both publish and author instances  are running, replication working between the two, and enabled the tunnel service. (issue on click of create blank screen shows up on author)

Level 9

Hi,

Let's step back.

What version of AEM and what Communities feature pack?

Is this a development setup of one author (port 4502) and one publish (port 4503)?

If AEM 6.1 or 6.2, are you using JSRP?

I'm not sure what effect the tunnel service being enabled on publish is having.  Try disabling it on publish.

You mention replication, did you change anything there?

- JK

Level 1

Let's step back.

What version of AEM and what Communities feature pack?

AEM 6.1 Feature pack 4

Is this a development setup of one author (port 4502) and one publish (port 4503)?

Yes one author (port 4502) and one publish (port 4503)

If AEM 6.1 or 6.2, are you using JSRP? for communities using ASRP

I'm not sure what effect the tunnel service being enabled on publish is having.  Try disabling it on publish.

Tried no effect

You mention replication, did you change anything there? No

Level 9

Hi Suneel,

(changing this answer, though if you're still having problems, please file a support ticket)

I was able to reproduce your symptoms, but I was using port 6102 (not 4502) and 6103 (not 4503) and forgot to go to the replication console, and for "Agents on author", edit the "Default Agent (publish)" to change the port for the transport URI.

Once I did this, it all worked.

- JK

Level 1

Thank you, I tried all that but still facing the same issue. may be I will be raising a ticket