Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM cloud: how to see what env (prod/dev/stage) is set?

Level 9

We have several AEM cloud environments, including prod and stage as setup by adobe, and several dev envs we use for UAT/Test/Dev etc.

The problem is the prod env seems to be pulling in dev osgi configs. 

Is there any way to query or determine the environment setting of a running cloud instance?  There doesn't seem to be anything in the admin console, cloud manager, author instance or developers console.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock 

We do not have a view of Sling Settings from CM.

A view like this would be available on Environment Details in CM

aanchalsikka_0-1701668194882.png

In case of doubt, please raise support ticket.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

You can view your run modes on each instance by appending /system/console/status-slingsettings on your domain URL ie localhost:4502/system/console/status-slingsettings

Level 9

Unfortunately, with AEM cloud, this gives 403 on publish and author instance.

Level 4

I didn't catch the cloud mention, sorry. I usually only check my author instance as it should theoretically match my publish. 

Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock ,

Are you not able to check with developer console whether OSGi configuration is picking the right values set for the specific environment.

Level 9

There is nothing I can see in developer console to help with this.

Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock ,

Just trying to understand how developer console is not helping for this. Using developer console we can download all the environment specific OSGi Configs in text or json format. and you can search and find your OSGi configuration to see whether is picking the right value or not.

Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock,

Could you please confirm if the PROD specific OSGi configs are created/available within one of these config folders

• config.prod (PROD Service in general, applies to both author and publish)
  • config.author.prod (PROD author)
  • config.publish.prod (PROD publish)

and dev resides in its respective config folders. 

Supported list of runmode configurations for DEV, Stage and PROD cloud service instances is mentioned here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/deploying/over...

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1631553624489.png

Unlike classic versions of AEM (where we can check the run mode in Sling Settings in Felix console), we don't have option to view the run mode of specific instance from Developer console. 

For DEV, Stage and PROD, it is implied(and it is the same name) per the above mention from the docs. Not sure about the other sandbox instances that you are referring to as UAT/Test.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock 

We do not have a view of Sling Settings from CM.

A view like this would be available on Environment Details in CM

aanchalsikka_0-1701668194882.png

In case of doubt, please raise support ticket.

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@TB3dock Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni