Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Blank Page Issue After Upgrading react-router-dom in Remote SPA

Level 2

Hi All,

Recently, while working on my AEM project, I encountered an unexpected issue after upgrading the react-router-dom dependency from version 5.3.4 to 6.22.0 in a remote Single Page Application (SPA) setup.

Issue Description:
After updating the react-router-dom dependency, I made the necessary changes in the app.js file of my AEM project. Specifically, I replaced the <Switch> component with the <Routes> component as Switch is not supported in react-router-dom version 6.

// Before:
<Switch>
<Route path="/"> <Home /> </Route>
</Switch>

// After:
<Routes>
<Route path="/" element={<Home />} />
</Routes>

However, after making this change, I noticed that the AEM home page started rendering as a blank page as shown in the below image while the react page continued to work as expected.

Mukesh42_1-1709106721016.png

Is there any way to fix this issue? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Mukesh42 ,

Upgrading react-router-dom may have compatibility issues with the other dependencies.
Can you check in system console if any dependencies are unresolved, also have a look at error log file, you might see some error throwing up there.

Thanks
Tarun

Level 2

Hi @TarunKumar ,

There are no system console errors that are different after updating. Also, no issues shown regarding the dependencies. Even I have checked the log files still no specific issues for this.

Thanks,

Mukesh